Hey guys, just impulse bought a ESP ltd mh-1000something from a local guy in mint condition for 350 with a set of emgs. It has no tremolo, sd pickups and is transparent blue with a rosewood fretboard. Can anyone identify the model, I think it's an NT, and whether it would be simple to install emgs(he's providing a set). I know the other models are setup for emgs and I'm wondering whether this will simply need a pickup swap, or actual routing. I don't have the guitar yet, picking it up this weekend.

How will this compare to a schecter blackjack (jb/59', mahogany, ace of spades inlay, rosewood fretboard. http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/schecter/c-1_blackjack/. ). I'm afraid that I've effectively bought two identical guitars, especially if I can't swap the emgs in!
2013 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
Lakewood Sungha Jung Signature
Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster
LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
MIA Fender Strat VG + MiJ Mustang
Martin D1 +Tayor 210e
Kremona Rondo TL Classical
Gretsch G5120
You can put EMGs in LTD, it will require changing pots and input jack, but you can do it.

And those guitars are not the same, they will not feel and play the same.
Both companies are owned by the same guy, and are made in tbe same factory afaik. They are pretty similar , but thats not a bad thing if u like playing them. Just keep them in differwnt tuning mmybe. Emgs are a pretty easy swap, the battery should fit in the control cavity.
It's similar but it'll play a bit different than the schecter. Probably sound different too.

And yes, you can put EMGs in. It'll need 25k pots and a stereo jack, though.

(For what it's worth, I can't imagine why you'd put EMGs in. Never found a situation where I like them.)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
they look the similar yes and are similar spec wise but from my experience they play completely different.
Id have them set up in different tunings, but I'd probs sell the EMGS though as im not a huge fan as i used to me. (my MH400NT used to have EMGs but i swapped them to BKPs and never looked back)

wont need routing or anything like that, just a simple re wire/pots/jack like others have said.

Sounds a lot like a MH1000NT, http://www.espguitars.com/products/9718-mh-1000nt-stb?category_id=1963304-mh-series

That what it looks like?
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Last edited by Carrot at Mar 12, 2014,
Quote by Carrot

Sounds a lot like a MH1000NT, http://www.espguitars.com/products/9718-mh-1000nt-stb?category_id=1963304-mh-series

That what it looks like?

Yes that's it exactly! Thanks!
Tbh, I don't actually like the sound of EMG's that much either, but my blackjack has the same exact wood and pickups, so I can't really justify having two identical guitars, and on the odd occasion where EMGs are actually useful, ill be able to sell my prophecy sg and keep this around.
2013 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Martin D1 +Tayor 210e
Gretsch G5120
Quote by battlespud
Yes that's it exactly! Thanks!
Tbh, I don't actually like the sound of EMG's that much either, but my blackjack has the same exact wood and pickups, so I can't really justify having two identical guitars, and on the odd occasion where EMGs are actually useful, ill be able to sell my prophecy sg and keep this around.

Different tuning's then?
Id love to get my hands on one of those LTDs you got.
Could always try and swap the SD's for some different ones, or sell both the SD set from the LTD and the EMGs and get some Bareknuckles or Dimarzios (and have some cash left)

Theres a few options i can think of atm but I'd defiantly keep the LTD
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Like others have said, put some heavier or lighter gauge strings than your Schecter and leave it in a different tuning. I have mine setup like that, one I use for standard/drop D, another for C sometimes C# standard, and another for B standard/drop A. And they're definitely going to feel and sound different. You got a great deal too. And that's a great guitar for the money. If you decide not to keep it, I bet you could make a profit.
Last edited by Dysprosium at Mar 17, 2014,
Hey all, picked up the guitar the other day, it's absolutely fantastic in every way, dead mint condition, perfect neck, nice inlays. Reminds me a lot of a mahogany jem. Definitely has a tighter sound than my schecter, and the sound "feels" a lot nicer for some reason, more responsive it seems. Makes the blackjack feel like firewood. I've got it setup in b standard with 13s and will probably leave it like that until I can get an Emg install kit for an 81/60 set in a few weeks. I don't think I could have done better for the price honestly, and it's definitely a keeper!

Still debating the pickup swap, as the SD are a lot nicer than they were in my schecter, despite being the same pickups in the same wood... There's definitely a huge did between the sound quality of this ltd and my schecter. I don't have the cash for new pickups, so it's either Emg or keep the sd in. I plan on playing mostly in eb and standard, maybe down to b or c standard occasionally. I enjoy playing Versailles(both guitarists use 59 neck with Duncan custom bridge) and Demetori(no clue). Mostly instrumental metal, some jazz and modern rock.
2013 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Martin D1 +Tayor 210e
Gretsch G5120
If you like the way it sounds that much better than your Schecter put the EMGs in the Schecter and there you go! If you don't like the EMGs in that then sell them for $100 and have yourself a $200 LTD!
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
battle spud check your PM's
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/