Hey guys, recently I have had this weird problem with my gear. Whenever I play my guitars into my rig (or any amp really) they seem to randomly buzz and cut out. I have tried different cables, amps, pedals, and power sources but my two guitars still seem to cut out. I even took my Telecaster and my C-1 Classic to a Guitar Center to have them looked at and the guy said that he couldn't find anything wrong with them. Help?
So, the same guitars on different amps, using different leads, and different power sources the symptoms stay the same...
Sorry for the questions, its called a process of elimination...

Check the input jacks on the guitars, make sure there aren't any dry solder joints in the switch cavity. How good is your guitar tech, did the guy even have a look? Try a brand new guitar lead. Rule out the things that you can rule out, sooner or later you'll find the problem.
It might be dust. Get a can of compressed air and use it to clean out the switches and jacks. Start keeping your guitars in cases if you don’t already.

Also, is all the gear you have tried them with your own?
Quote by jpnyc
It might be dust. Get a can of compressed air and use it to clean out the switches and jacks. Start keeping your guitars in cases if you don’t already.

Also, is all the gear you have tried them with your own?

Ok I'll give this a shot thanks.

And I have tried literally all of my gear as well as the other guitarist in my band's gear.
Are you doing anything that might be wearing out the pickup switch, like kill-swtich tricks? Have you ever dropped these guitars and had them land on the plug? Do you often step on the cable and pop the plug out?
Quote by jpnyc
Are you doing anything that might be wearing out the pickup switch, like kill-swtich tricks? Have you ever dropped these guitars and had them land on the plug? Do you often step on the cable and pop the plug out?

Kill switch tricks no. I haven't dropped these guitars and had them land on the plug. I have stepped on the cable and pulled the cable out if that is what you mean. The guy at the Guitar Center just tighten the input jacks and soldered some wire in my Schecter that was loose.
It is possible you’ve damaged the jacks if you’ve yanked the cable repeatedly. Not likely, but if we have to grab at straws…
Have you recently had new pickups installed? I had this same problem with my guitar cutting out after a guitar tech installed pickups and did a faulty job wiring my pickups. I brought my guitar to a different tech and he wired everything up correctly, now my guitar never cuts out.
Quote by NewDayHappy
Have you recently had new pickups installed? I had this same problem with my guitar cutting out after a guitar tech installed pickups and did a faulty job wiring my pickups. I brought my guitar to a different tech and he wired everything up correctly, now my guitar never cuts out.

Nah both of the guitars are stock but I'll adjust the pickups and see if that helps.

And to jpnyc maybe.
Probably the output jack contacts making intermittent contact with the 1/4" plug, particularly the tip.