This isn't going to be a which guitar kind of thread because I've already decided on a Mira. I posted my HWY 1 Strat online and I got this as an offer. I played it and it sounded great, much better then I was expecting but there were some…inconsistencies that make me think its a fake

First is its really light. Like lighter then my Strat light. I can toss it up in the air.

Second is the neck. I can feel the frets over the side of the neck. Its not exactly sharp but its not as smooth as I figured it would. I figured on a $1200+ guitar, those sort of things wouldn't be an issue.

Next was the knobs. They seemed to spin very easily, and yea they stopped where they should, but I figured there would be a little more resistance.

Last was the nut. It felt a little soft to the touch. It looked like it was cut well it was just a texture that I was unfamiliar with.

I'm sorry if these aren't real issues or I'm being neurotic but this is literally the first PRS i've ever touched and maybe I set the bar a little too high in my mind when I heard he paid $1200 used from a local music store.

I'm still very interested in it, but I'm just a little worried. I took some photos and posted them in the photo bucket here: Pics of the Mira

Thanks in advance
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
Looks real to me. The frets are probably from the guitars not being properly humidified.

Your HWY Strat new is worth slightly more 1/2 what a Mira is worth new so you're getting a deal.
Moving on.....
Last edited by KenG at Mar 11, 2014,
Quote by KenG
Looks real to me. The frets are probably from the guitars not being properly humidified.

Your HWY Strat new is worth slightly more 1/2 what a Mira is worth new so you're getting a deal.

Can I fix the frets some how?

Thats why I thought this was too good to be true. It's a great deal on my end.
Quote by JAustinMunn

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
To verify whether or not its a fake you could run the serial number at PRS just to be sure, yes on the frets....you can take it and have them properly dressed and crowned.
Jackson: DKMG w/Zakk Wylde EMGs
Fender: Fat Strat HSS
Epiphone: Les Paul Custom w/SD Pickups
Dean: Performer E Acoustic/Electric
Vox: DA5
Vox JamVox
Digitech: GNX4 Workstation
Digitech: EX-7 Distortion Factory
Boss DR-880
MAudio Bx5a Deluxe
I just picked it up! Its awesome. The guy gave me all the tags and case candy so I know its legit. I'm going to do a NGD thread on it in a few days.

I gotta find a tech to get that done then. WHOOOOO I'm sooooo excited!
Quote by JAustinMunn

Quote by jpnyc
1st question I have is why this guy let the Mira go for so little? Like what else is wrong with it? Are the pups and electronics swapped out with cheap stuff? Maybe the truss rod is whacked. Used Miras go for 7-900 in my area.
What the hell!!!
Quote by danvwman
1st question I have is why this guy let the Mira go for so little? Like what else is wrong with it? Are the pups and electronics swapped out with cheap stuff? Maybe the truss rod is whacked. Used Miras go for 7-900 in my area.

All he told me is that he really wanted a Strat. The neck is perfectly straight, its set up properly so it has 0 tuning issues. It's not cracked or anything… I think I just got lucky with it.
Quote by JAustinMunn

Quote by jpnyc