Hello

I've recently got this little devil thing, the metal one and i have to say. This is wayyyy more cooler than i expected. Using small Phillips headphones atm, and still great tone. have anyone tried Vox Amplugs here?
I have the metal version as well. I use it when I travel or can't have any volume coming out of my amp. I think it's great for what it is. I also run it through an external Bluetooth speaker with an aux input in some hotels.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
I have the red Satriani one. Fair enough sound, got me through when I was amp-less. It does require reasonable headphones to sound it's best, I used some Sennheiser phones.
FYI, amplugs are just a rebranded Chinese product. You can find many varieties on Amazon and eBay for much lower prices.
I have the AC30 amplug and a pair of 100 dollar Sennheisers. My main experience with it is hissing. I don't know if it might sound better if I got some better headphones but I'm afraid it's not such a great deal if you need to have really great headphones to make it work.

I HAVE had better results when I just use a spare pair of desktop pc speakers and stick with the high gain settings, but clean is all hiss all the time.

If I had my 30 dollars back I wouldn't have bought the Amplug. I'd have saved up a little bit and gotten a real amp instead.
I have an AC30 Amplug... It's decent for silent practice with headphones, but I wouldn't call the tone "great". I'd call it "acceptable" though.

Then again, the kind of thing I'm calling "great" is the sound of a real JMI-era Vox AC30
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
I love them. Great for early mornings we the wife and kid are still sleeping. and they sound great.

I have the "Classic Rock" and the "Bass" one for my bass (obviously..)

Plus there is that awesomeness.
Last edited by jugglingfreak at Mar 12, 2014,
Well, thought i was the only one. Had in mind Ac30 but metal won, i wish i hade same delay with metal amplug as the solo one.