Page 1 of 2
alienholdsworth
Banned
437 IQ
So with the exception of gear which you buy as a beginner and upgrade eg roland cube, which gear do you wish you never bought, or sold.

Most pedals ive bought always gathered dust, wont buy another except an od to smooth an amp.

Bought an SA ibanez with 2 inputs w piezo etc. You see SA axes on craigslist all the time now i know why because they arent great.
MatrixClaw
UG God
10,723 IQ
Wish I never sold my dads old Sunn Concert Lead. It wasn't the sound I was going for at all, but that amp was a part of my dads history and even though he was fine with it, I still feel bad to this day. Wish I was still in contact with the guy, I'd try and buy it back

Don't think I've had a single piece of gear I regret buying, really
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
N_J_B_B
Nicko.
1,326 IQ
I regret buying a Marshall Valvestate
I regret buying a Bugera 333xl

Haven't sold much aside from a piece of shit Zoom G2.1u . AWFUL pedal.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
dspellman
1,121 IQ
I've been lucky with my gear; I really don't regret anything. It's all served its purpose and I've apparently made good choices. I do have a pair of those flap-top bins full of pedals, and they're packed tight. Some of them are now "vintage" and worth some bucks. I mostly run with whatever's in a Pod these days, but I've got my eye on a Torpedo C.A.B. (I've borrowed one for a bit, now, and like it) to augment it. There are also a couple of Wamper Pedals that are just bang on the money.
alienholdsworth
Banned
437 IQ
Quote by N_J_B_B
I regret buying a Marshall Valvestate
I regret buying a Bugera 333xl

Haven't sold much aside from a piece of shit Zoom G2.1u . AWFUL pedal.

lol i got a valvestate in 95. actually had a crackin speaker in it.

the g9 was inspiring if the usual crap tone. zooms customer service livea up to its name
Last edited by alienholdsworth at Mar 12, 2014,
eddiehimself
Call me EH, eh?
1,592 IQ
Stuff I wish I'd never bought:
Some crappy little old practice amp that my 13-year-old self thought was Real t00bzzzz! but was actually anything but and stopped working after about a month. Only cost me like £50 though and I managed to sell the speaker.
Another similarly crappy little bass amp which I might as well have not bothered buying and could have got a better first bass with the money.
Dunlop GCB95 Wah pedal. It was an ok wah, but I spent way too much money on it. Could have got a far better pedal for less money online.
Rocktron boost pedal. POS cost me £40 and didn't even work.
The guitar I built with a body and neck that cost me like £100 on eBay, then found out it was some guitar I could have bought for £50 including hardware...

Stuff I wished I'd never sold:
Markbass 210 bass cab. There was no point in me selling it. I ended up building another bass cab that I thought might save me money but actually cost me about the same, and it isn't as good.
Without a doubt, my ESP LTD F400FM. I missed that guitar so much, I actually bought another one!

EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Mar 12, 2014,
Spambot_2
UG's rum aficionado
1,824 IQ
I should have bought more picks that time to the music store, and I should have not modded my amp.

Well there's also this MG30FX thing, but I sold it for €10 less than what I paid for it after 3 years or so of use, so it's not even that bad.
I should replace a couple caps back to the stock values in my amp now...

The reason I don't regret buying and selling stuff though is that the only things I sold I sold them because I bought them just to make money selling them, or because they had "MG30FX" written on them, and I have not spent lotsa money in guitar gear.
Something like €600 in my entire life if you subtract what I gained selling guitar gear.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Mar 12, 2014,
Sleaze Disease
UnBanned
420 IQ
Quote by eddiehimself
Dunlop GCB95 Wah pedal.

No shit.

I don't know how they made them back in the day, but the Crybaby wahs they make now are insanely overrated. They're not the absolute worst I've ever heard, but they're really not that great.

Also, I think it's funny how everyone tries to claim Jimi's sound was a Crybaby just because he happened to use one occasionally, when in fact, it was a Vox, which are far better wah pedals.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Guy_Mitchell
Terminally Salty
171 IQ
Stuff I wish I never sold:
ESP GL MIJ sig
Bogner Shiva w/ KT88s
Bogner Goldfinger
EVH 5150III
Marshall Silver Jubilee
Marshall original DSL
An old knockoff strat I grew up playing so I could profile the neck.

Stuff I wish I never bought:
Marshall SLP reissue
Titanium Floyd
Any Krank I've owned.
Any Dean I've bought from 07-11
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Although the Floyd made up its worth. I ended up selling the titanium block (had crappy sustain compared to the big brass) for an ABSURD price compared to what Floyd sells them for right now, so I guess I got that money back. Replaced it with a stone big block. The titanium Floyd certainly is amazing, though, most stable Floyd since their old German ones. I have it in the recess of a custom Koa Suhr Modern with a Pau Ferro neck and board. Amazing sounding guitar.
I'm always screwing with my rig. Muh chilluns:
Warmoth NRFR strat JB/Jazz
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic, Diezel 2x12
Turbo tuner, J Cantrell wah, Alesis 3630
Green Rhino, Wampler Velvet, Strymon ElCap/Lex, Phase 45
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,489 IQ
Wish I kept:

White vertical input Marshall 800 combo.
Black vertical input 800 combo
Mesa/Boogie Studio 22+
Laney VH100R
Gibby SG Supreme with P-90s

Wish I never bought:

Gibson LP Supreme in alpine white. fucking hated that thing
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Killsocket
2,354 IQ
Wish I never sold:
Vox AC4TV.
Way Huge Green Rhino pedal.
MXR Micro Amp

Wish I never bought:
EHX Small Clone
Peavy Royal 8
Epi G400 '66 Reissue
w/ Airline Vintage Voiced Single Coil Pickups
Robbgnarly
Tab Contributor
1,177 IQ
Stuff I wish I would have never sold:
Bogner Uberschall (The economy crashing caused this)
Squier Tele Pro-Tone (amazing guitar on par with most low-end USA tele's)

Every thing else I have bought I like for a reason
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
VishNuRoXoUt
They call me Karebear...
645 IQ
I'll just post a few pics of rigs that I've sold and that I really shouldn't have.

That is just a few that I had on hand. I miss that stuff a lot.
JustRooster
Professionally Crabby
7,261 IQ
Selling my Paisley ST-57 was the worst mistake ever.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

Clay-man
Say no to saying no
4,093 IQ
Shouldn't have bought:
BOSS AC-3
BOSS DS-1
Line 6 GX Studio

Never really sold anything.
bluestratplayer
I wouldn't listen to me
859 IQ
Wish I'd never sold:
Carvin xv212. One of the most underrated amps out there IMO. Beautiful cleans in channel one, hot rodded marshal in channel two.

Fender FMT tele: loved the guitar but I have a messed up wrist and need thinner necks most of the time to keep my left hand from losing all sensation within five minutes of playing.

Wish I'd never bought:
That damn dog that pissd all over my pedal board three years ago.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
albertj.q
my name is albert
10 IQ
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
I'll just post a few pics of rigs that I've sold and that I really shouldn't have.

That is just a few that I had on hand. I miss that stuff a lot.

Dude...
cha33 armstrong
1,724 IQ
I wish I never bought a marshall mg30
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
kumamilesbear
UG's Ninjobo
874 IQ
I don't really have anything I regret buying. I loved my Gibson before it broke (for the fourth time, decided it wasn't worth fixing up again), my Fender is amazing (a few minor complaints, but I got it used and it does more than what I wanted it to), and my pedals all served me in their own way. My amp I especially like, it does pretty much exactly what I want it to.
I do regret selling my classical guitar, it was a beauty.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,270 IQ
Things I regret buying:

Some crap 15 watt no-name practice amp that claimed to be 30 watts.
Bugera 6262 and the matching cabinet.

Things I regret selling

The Bugera

/joking

As horrible as my first few guitars were, I haven't put them in the list of things I regret buying because I wouldn't be playing guitar at all if not for them. They were pieces of shit, but they served their purpose.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
TheJawsOfDeath
346 IQ
Regret buying:
BC Rich Bronze series Warlock. It was my first guitar, looked awesome, everything else was crap. At least it got me started playing!

Peavey 400 series bass head and peavey 410 bass cab. My wife got me a bass for Christmas so I thought "Hell, better get a halfstack." I ended up selling that rig (kept the bass guitar) and put the money back into my guitar gear.

Orange micro terror. I didn't pay for it though, I accepted it as payment for working on my friend's car. I just don't like the thing. I'd rather have the money.

Stupid tuner pedal that never worked right. Don't even remember what brand.

Fender straplocks. Dunlop ones are way better.

Regret Selling:
Epiphone G400 SG with Tony Iommi signature pickup. It was my first nice guitar and a huge step up from the warlock. Sold it because I needed money for "party supplies" STUPID STUPID STUPID...

Laney GH100 AOR pro tube lead 100w head. This thing was a MONSTER. Tons of gain, pull-pots to boost the low mid and high eq, just a complete rock machine. Ended up selling it to a good friend of mine who kept it even longer than I owned it. The only bad part is it really had to be cranked to find that sweet spot, and it was always noisy even after he paid to have it professionally gone through. He sold it now...I regret selling it, but don't regret not buying it back if that makes sense.

Sovtek Big Muff. Long story on this one. An ex-bandmate of mine gave it to me after he had a falling-out with one of his ex-bandmates and kept this other guy's big muff. I think he lied and said he didn't know where it was. At the time I didn't feel bad because this other guy was a complete tool. I had it for damn near ten years, when my friend (the original thief) came calling about it, so I gave it back. It was hot merchandise anyways...
Cajundaddy
60s throwback
32 IQ
Wish I never bought:
Checkmate 88 amp when I was a kid. I thought it looked cool but it was completely useless.

Wish I'd never sold:
Vintage 65 Princeton Reverb. She was a sweetie and I was playing really loud shows at the time so I wasn't using it. I traded it for a G&L SB-1 bass guitar.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis
ethan_hanus
The BKP Guy
5,267 IQ
Wish I never bought that stupid Ibanez RG7321 7 string guitar, and then spent the money to put Seymor Duncan's in it, which helped it, but not by much.

One thing that I'll kick myself forever is selling that old 93' Trace Elliot RAH350SMX bass amp head, thing was a monster. Also I wish I never sold my Bareknuckle Painkiller pickup, I really do miss it.
chea_man
no more record deal
1,689 IQ
i regret selling my 57 gibson es-175. it was given to me by my uncle, i dont really care for the uncle anymore. sold it for tuition money a couple years ago, still havent told anyone i have sold it because im so ashamed haha
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,489 IQ
Quote by chea_man
i regret selling my 57 gibson es-175. it was given to me by my uncle, i dont really care for the uncle anymore. sold it for tuition money a couple years ago, still havent told anyone i have sold it because im so ashamed haha

If I was your uncle, I'd shoot your ass
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
chea_man
no more record deal
1,689 IQ
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
If I was your uncle, I'd shoot your ass

he is a bastard haha. if he actually remembered that he gave it to me, he would probably ask or it back anyway.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
telemetal
Moosey McSmirnoffhead
488 IQ
Quote by NakedInTheRain
kinda regret selling my el cap and mljr.

regret buying a rockbox boiling point new.

That MLJr will have to pried from my cold dead hands

OT: I regret trading my BB Preamp, especially seeing as the pedal I got (MI Tube Zone) is something I just can't gel with. Kinda regret selling my Chicklet as well, but as cute and pink as it was, the popping always annoyed me after a while.
cheesefries
High Five!
653 IQ
I had an Orange 4x12 40th anniversary cab I bought from Brad Whitfords guitar tech. He said it was only used rarely for rehearsals and was never toured with.

It was still a very cool piece of gear and I hate thinking about selling it. I am a big Brad Whitford fan.
Gibsons & Fenders

Marshall DSL50
Marshall 1960b (V30/G12T75)

PolyTune, EH Small Stone, MXR Wylde OD, Boss DD3
Last edited by cheesefries at Mar 14, 2014,
gorkyporky
I like pie.
3,737 IQ
I reget buying a used Epiphone Explorer. It was only 150€, and i really loved the shape and have wanted one since forever, but by god, the thing plays like shit, and i cant for the life of me set the intonation for D tuning. It also had a busted nut that i had to replace. I only use it for a backup guitar when we do live gigs. Altough honeslty, i would probably just stop the show rahter than play it.

I also regret buying an Epi Les Paul studio, that i bought after playing guitar for just 6 months. It was pretty bad for playing and such. Sold it for pretty much the same price i bought it, so that was a relief. Also regret buying a Ibanez RG550, because i hated to deal with the floating bridge, and the neck was really way to thin for me. And i think the bridge was even busted a bit, i always had to pull it out to get back in tune. Again, sold it, but not for as much as i bought it for.
Also regret buying a Behringer FCB1010 midi pedal. I spent hours learning how to program and use it with amplitube, and then used it only once in the last 3 years. I guess i have to sell it.

The only thing i regret selling is my first guitar, an Ibanez GRG170. Not much of a guitar, but it held sentimental value for me, and it didnt even play badly.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
eddiehimself
Call me EH, eh?
1,592 IQ
Quote by gorkyporky
I reget buying a used Epiphone Explorer. It was only 150€, and i really loved the shape and have wanted one since forever, but by god, the thing plays like shit, and i cant for the life of me set the intonation for D tuning. It also had a busted nut that i had to replace. I only use it for a backup guitar when we do live gigs. Altough honeslty, i would probably just stop the show rahter than play it.

I don't regret getting an Epiphone Goth Explorer. I bought it off one of my friends in school for £100; sold it on eBay for £220
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
Quote by bluestratplayer

Wish I'd never bought:
That damn dog that pissd all over my pedal board three years ago.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
i wished i had never sold my peters.

so i bought it back for $500 less than i sold it for 6 months ago.

holy crap cheaman! long time where you been?
Last edited by gregs1020 at Mar 14, 2014,
classicrocker01
Hit the Lights!!
1,281 IQ
Regret selling my Ibanez Destroyer. Excellent drop tuning guitar, the bridge pup (no clue what it was, prolly not stock) was aggressive as hell. The neck was thicker than most Ibbys, perfect for me.

Regret buying my Crate GX130c head. Damn thing broke down on me after two weeks, ended up trading it for a Tubescreamer.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
chea_man
no more record deal
1,689 IQ
Quote by gregs1020
i wished i had never sold my peters.

so i bought it back for $500 less than i sold it for 6 months ago.

holy crap cheaman! long time where you been?

hey gregs! yeah i know, its been awhile. things seem so different here. i dont really know why i stopped coming around a few years ago, just sort of did i guess! haha

and i also wish i hadnt sold my cymbals. i had some very nice ones like 8 or 9 years ago. ive bought and sold a few drumsets since then, but the cymbals i wish i had held on to.
but then again, oh well. i rarely play drums anymore. (probably because i dont have a drumset haha!)
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Last edited by chea_man at Mar 16, 2014,
RBM01991
80's Metalhead
1,653 IQ
Don't really have anything I regret buying or selling...maybe my Valveking because I LOVED them cleans, but my 6505+ makes do very well. Now if were talking what I wish I could sell then well....

Boss DS-1
Line 6 Spider IV 15W

but I think everyone has those and just can't get rid of em
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9
Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
nuithari
10 IQ
I regret buying a Line 6 Spider III 75W. I still have it, for sale, lol
It served me well as I just play at home, but I could've gotten something way better for that money!

I regret selling my mint Charvel Model 4. God that guitar was awesome!