Hey guys,

i have finally got two amps with a multi fx pedal that can do signal split so I'm very excited to try it out

can someone give me any tips how to make the most out of stereo guitar playing
Ask over in GG&A, this is really not the place.

*reported* for wrong forum.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Loco23
can someone give me any tips how to make the most out of stereo guitar playing

ping pong delay. each successive repeat switches between your amps. it's pretty cool.
The first time I hooked up my Rickenbacker 4001 to two bass amps.......I was flabbergasted.

Downright Heavenly.......if there was such a fictional place.

Used that rig for several years.

Experimentation, is the key here.
A bit of modulated detuning in the signal to one amp makes a nice stereo chorus.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
i keep a AB/Y switch in the studio all the time. the MKIV and tremoverb have a nice contrast when either mixed or useing one with a lead and popping the other in for something.

ping pong delay is awesome too.

i like how my electric mistress is really cool in stereo (built in extra jack)

get some different effects and play around. its fun.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by NakedInTheRain
ping pong delay. each successive repeat switches between your amps. it's pretty cool.

This. You can get this with a BOSS DD-7 in stereo mode.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
wet/dry effects can also sound cool, like a phaser or harmonizer in one amp while keeping the other amp clean.

i like the ping pong delays and i also have a mutron biphase that sound really big in stereo. also my vibe-style pedal sound really cool in stereo, it seems different amps respond to it quite differently and this seems to emphasize the stereo field.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
i have always liked running two amps for leads. (although its not really stereo this way, despite being two amps, its still mono.) ill run one smaller ish amp very hard, so that its nice and overdriven. no other effects on this amp. the other amp has more headroom, so its just on the verge of breaking up, but a nice big open clean sound. this amp gets plenty of reverb and a touch of delay. then of course they are mixed to mono, so you get this really big sound. It sounds overdriven, the clean amp brings in lots and lots of clarity, while the reverb and delay really round it out and making it sound huge. its sounds good for rhythm too, unless there are other guitars or keys in the mix, it can get a little busy then.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.