I have four pictures on my computer of which I would like to print out posters.
The dimensions are:
- 800x1131
- 1280x1810
- 1417x1417
- 1500x1500

My questions are:
-could any of these be stretched out and printed on an A2 format poster without becoming all "pixely"?
- could the ones with height equal to width (1417x1417) be adjusted to the A2 format without looking odd? (these are album covers and imagine stretching out the height to get that poster format)
- would anyone be willing to photoshop OUT the banner "cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?" from the Justice for All cover and make the transition from the bottom of the statue to the bottom of the image more elegant/not so cloudy, so that it looks like at the top of the picture?
Help would be much obliged and repayed with internet hugs

(Invalid img)
Professional print quality is 300 dpi (dots per inch)
You can't go lower than 200dpi without quality loss.
A2 at 150 (not even 200) dpi is like 2500px*3500px.
So no your images have to be larger.
Last edited by Memory at Mar 12, 2014,
@Memory, what do you suggest would be a decent print size for:
- 800x1131
- 1280x1810?
The better question is, what is your intended print size?

The graphics you're working with are too small for anything much larger than a few inches.
Your 1280x1810 graphic, for example, would only print out as a 4x6" card at a resolution of 300ppi(pixels per inch). The larger you print it out, the more you're stretching that graphic and the more you lower the quality of the print.

The ...And Justice For All graphic you referred to in your first post-- There's no way for you to get a better result out of that. You have to start with a larger image. That's just far too small to get a decent looking "poster" size. So like I said, the question is -- What is your intended print size?
lmao nice poster

You can google that.
Just keep in mind: 300dpi is ideal, 200 is acceptable, 150 is only acceptable in newspapers. 72 is screen resolution.
Quote by Memory
Professional print quality is 300 dpi (dots per inch)
You can't go lower than 200dpi without quality loss.
A2 at 150 (not even 200) dpi is like 2500px*3500px.
So no your images have to be larger.

This, 300 dpi is what artists have told me who do my commissions for posters and things of the like.