Hello, i replaced the stock pickup in my squier 62 classic vibe, with a bare knuckle piledriver, because it said, they would add beef, but still keep that proper tele sound, well, it didn't, its just too bassy, no top end, really good for overdrive, but i want something that has that good old twang as well as being able to handle overdrive. I'm just going around in circles, I have no idea where to start looking, I have looked at the Texas special fender pickups, but would they be week? i play classic rock, blues, country, rock n roll, rockabilly... pretty much everything apart from heavy rock and metal. I play through a fender twin amp, 100 watt valve (its not a twin reverb, as many seem to think). Any help would be appreciated.
thanks.
You added a very heavy PU to a Tele that will probably only work for thrash or metal. Maybe go with a normally voiced Duncan and see if it is a better fit. I can cover most ground with decent stock PUs on a Tele. Most of my forays into aftermarket PUs has been disappointing. YMMV
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Texas Specials are great pickups. My old lead guitarist used these

They sounded really good in his Standard
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.