First post.

I'll start by saying I've only played accoustic guitar but I'd like to learn electric soon. I'm a pretty decent woodworker (never tried building a guitar). Anyway, while rummaging through my dad's old things I found his first stratocastor, I'm guessing 60s or 70s since it's his first. The problem is it wasn't stored very well and there's pretty bad rust on everything. The body is cheap plywood, I can probably make a new maple one. The neck with the rosewood fretboard looks new, the other says "Lark" but it has some damage.

These nobs are rusty but they look usable...

These were the pickups he was using, apparently one was pretty high quality. I don't know much about them yet though.

I believe these are telecaster pickups. The one on the left has some frayed wires
Quote by ChocolateJesus
I guess the question is do you think I can get it playing?

Probably. I've definitely revived worse

Good luck
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Definitely fashion a new nut for whichever neck you end up using.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Cool, I'll look through the books and figure out how to wire it. Also the bridge (or whetever its called on electrics) is broken, can I get one fairly cheap? And where?
Quote by ChocolateJesus
Cool, I'll look through the books and figure out how to wire it. Also the bridge (or whetever its called on electrics) is broken, can I get one fairly cheap? And where?

What kind of bridge is it? A standard strat bridge? Hardtail or Tremolo?

You'd be able to find a cheap bridge for it virtually anywhere, but we could probably help out if you could tell or show us what kind it is.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
What kind of bridge is it? A standard strat bridge? Hardtail or Tremolo?
Well there's no rout in the body for a trem block, so I'm guessing it was a hardtail. Can't even see any signs of screw holes from the previous bridge. Or holes for string-through.

I believe Guitar Fetish do reasonably priced but good quality parts over there. But there are plenty of options, as HB said.

Looks like a fun project. You've got some cleaning to do.
Wilkinson makes a cut-off tele style bridge like that

It's called the WTBC. Might want to measure your previous bridge and make sure everything fits right though
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
That looks like a fun project. Nothing is so broken to make the guitar completely unplayable. It's possible the necks have warped, but at the very least you'll be able to play open strings. That bridge is pretty gone. If it was me I'd actually try to clean it up, but that's because I'm just the sort of person who embarks on foolish things like that. You'd be better off buying a new one.
that is gonna be very cool, you should build it using as many old parts as you can. it will really have an authentic relic/rat rod feel to it! that bridge is toast but most everything else seems good.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.