There was an unpopular duo that I used to listen 2-3 years ago. In time I forgot about them and I came across to a video related to them. BOYS performing at stage and for the first time a crowd sings along to them. She gets very emotional and she can barely sing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEng60LouQo

Are you performing? Or did you ever perform? How was your stage experience? Stressful? Delirious? Scary? High?
i press play on my macbook

Played live about 20 times... everytime was scary as shit. Then the first note hit and it was all good.

Apart from two times that I was pissed.

They were bad times
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Last edited by slash_GNR666 at Mar 12, 2014,
The only music performances I had were in school choir (in kindergarten and in 9th grade) and I kinda just hid behind everyone both times. In kindergarten it was a Christmas thing and we had to sing a song about reindeer and I got really into it and started prancing around like a reindeer. It was in a really fancy hotel with politicians and stuff (i'm not sure why they were listening to us sing) but at least I was young so they thought it was cute. my mom still has the video and she makes me watch it every christmas lol

I do a lot of dance performances though and when I'm dancing I really don't pay attention to the audience or anything else. Just the music and my body. It's still just as interactive as people singing along to your music but in a completely different way. never really been scared of dancing in front of others even though I'm shy. But it is a bit weird when people ask me to dance without music when I'm not wearing the right clothes and I haven't warmed up. Stage performances are much easier.
cat
Played live quite a few times now .. Some of them stand out.

About a year ago, we had a gig at a small private festival on a farm somewhere in the middle of nowhere. We all got hammered, I also got high, and then we played a 20 minute set, was supposed to be a 30-40 minute set.

During the last song, I noticed the vocalist has stopped singing and is just smashing away on his guitar. Suddenly all bass disappear from the amps, dunno how to fix it. I decide, **** it, I'll take the vocals. So I drunkenly sang the rest of the song, and at the end the vocalist smashed his guitar in the wall, and we just got off stage.

People were cheering though, it was insane.

Then a couple hours later, our vocalist got stabbed, so we got the hell out of there.
Quote by Oyface

Then a couple hours later, our vocalist got stabbed, so we got the hell out of there.

Well that escalated quickly.... Hope he is good now.

In my case, I've never performed on my own or as a part of a small band. I've been a ski racer so in case I get excited before race, I YAWN ALOT. I mean ALOT. I literally yawn every 10 second or so just before I get into start. So yeah that would happen if I ever get to stage. I will yawn to death.
I've gotten to the point where I'm fairly comfortable in front of bar-sized crowds. I'm definitely more comfortable when I'm more prepared and/or drunk.

High school speech, high school plays, various performances and being in cover band over the summer has helped me very much.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I'm very comfortable on stage. My band is well rehearsed and we're all very chilled. When things go wrong, we just deal with it, act professionally and do our thing. The biggest stage I've played at an amphitheatre at a waterfront mall. That was actually pretty daunting because it's a massive stage for just four people. The crowd was good though. Bar stages are so chilled.
Quote by UnmagicMushroom
I'm very comfortable on stage. My band is well rehearsed and we're all very chilled. When things go wrong, we just deal with it, act professionally and do our thing. The biggest stage I've played at an amphitheatre at a waterfront mall. That was actually pretty daunting because it's a massive stage for just four people. The crowd was good though. Bar stages are so chilled.

That would be scary considering people are not drunk at a mall. Everyone is JUST watching you, instead of listening to music and drinking something.
I've not been on stage to perform or in a local place but my parents have brought people back from the pub and made me play some stuff for them.

It's strange because I notice a really big difference to when I sing for others than when I sing for myself.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
I love performing. I grew up dancing in different studios and performing around town so it's something I've grown up with. I like that different scenarios give a totally different relationship to the audience - playing in an orchestra forces you to try and play in accordance to those around you, whereas playing by yourself creates a very individual dialogue.

Right now I'm still dancing a bit, but I'm also acting, and playing in various different forms (open mics by myself on acoustic, rap shows with 2 other members; I had a band for about a year where I sang). Each role is very different (rapping is wayyy different than singing for a band, which is wayyy different than singing by yourself) but each one is exhilarating in its own way. What's nice with rapping and the band is that I can put on a sort of 'inflated' character - I can say some silly shit, dress up crazy, really project when I get to certain parts, get hype, etc. When I'm by myself, I don't feel as comfortable being 'inflated' but I get to talk to the audience a bit more and be more subtle or nuanced about how I present things.

edit: here are some pics

Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Last edited by vintage x metal at Mar 12, 2014,
A lot of times with a few older bands.

A lot of random open jam nights at bars, campfire songs (gotta love those once in a while), performance in rehearsal room, and minor audiences of about 400 people some times.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by vintage x metal

edit: here are some pics

beautiful. you definetly fit into the stage
we were playing out of town once and our drummer broke his stick mid song. His extra pair was in the van for some reason so he had to run to get them, but we couldnt here what he was saying over the noise, so we start improving over the chord progression and started making up something new not knowing where he went or whether or not he was coming back. I was sure he had diarrhea
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
I have been performing for pretty much my whole life (I'm 21). I always felt natural and comfortable in front of a lot of people. When i first started playing drums live I use to shake uncontrollably until I got on stage. Then it was just like clockwork. I have played on TV, radio, and a big theater for the first time last month. The Arcada was a big deal for our band and nerve racking because 3 out of 4 of us were not on our primary (I switched to guitar and singing since 17). We stumbled a bit but the crowd was great and we pulled it off professionally. You can check out vids on youtube The Ralleys. Roll Over Beethoven is our best vid (we all switched to our main instrument for that song). This thread takes me back though...
Vintage, what model of Martin is that guitar in the last pic?
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
I've only performed once. It was with a world-touring professional band and a packed house. I nearly died.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦