whats happened to the Ibanez RG Prestige uk range?> cant seem to find any in the local shops and a lot of online shops have discontinued them.
Not sure. There do seem to be a lot fewer models on the Ibanez UK website. Which is a shame, they've brought out a bunch of cool new models in Japan and the USA with the original edge trem.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ibanez is taking crazy pills.

I say just lay low and wait for this to blow over by next NAMM...
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
That's probably a good call.

Remember at one point they stopped making prestige Ses in Japan? And even threatened to stop making Prestige RGs in Japan?

Look where they're made now. As you implied, Ibanez has a track record of letting the bean-counters make too many decisions (remember the whole "no locking studs with edge pros to save money aw shit we forgot the low profile double locking trem is still under floyd rose's patent which'll cost us way more") and basically doing flat-out barmy things. Normally it sorts itself out... eventually. Sort of. As I said, they're even bringing back the original edge on certain models despite swearing blind that every new trem design was a massive improvement on it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Mar 13, 2014,
To be fair, every trem has been a better design.

They have just usually used shit soft metals to make them.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I don't think they have ever made a better trem than the Edge or the Edge Pro.
The ZR on my S420 is a way more intelligent design and is a lot cooler to use than the Edge on my RG520.

The knife edge design just isn't very smart period.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I've heard good things about the ZR's, I don't have much experience with them though. Even still, the Edge and Edge Pro are as highly regarded as OFR trems. The ZR's are still pretty new in the world of trems, we'll see how they stack up over the years.
Quote by Offworld92
To be fair, every trem has been a better design.

They have just usually used shit soft metals to make them.

I don't remember being that fussed on the ZR when I tried it. But I probably didn't get to give it much of a run-through.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've done setups on a handful of ZR's. I thought they were just fine.

Overall I've been pretty impressed with most Edge series trems I've had to deal with.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Oh I meant how it felt in use, not how well made it was or anything like that.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ah, in that case I'd prefer others.
Last edited by JustRooster at Mar 14, 2014,
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
While we're on topic, there's a beat up little used RG350DX in the shop here with an Edge III on it. I don't know if Ibanez screwed up and made that thing great, but that guitar is a little dragon slayer. Sometimes after we close I toss that into one of the Mesas and pretend I'm a hair metal legend.
The 350dx's are fantastic as long as they're setup right, I picked one up from GC online on a whim, and its absolutely fantastic. Those Edge III's are wonderful as long as they're setup perfectly.
2013 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
Lakewood Sungha Jung Signature
Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster
LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
MIA Fender Strat VG + MiJ Mustang
Martin D1 +Tayor 210e
Kremona Rondo TL Classical
Gretsch G5120
i got a 2003 RG 1570 i'm not too impressed with. It's got v7 s1 v8 pickups that i think i need to replace.

Do you guys like those pups?
Quote by boyd98
i got a 2003 RG 1570 i'm not too impressed with. It's got v7 s1 v8 pickups that i think i need to replace.

Do you guys like those pups?

most swap them. i have a 3550mz, a 2570EVSL and a standard 1570.

the 3XXX series come with nice pickups for a typical taste. tone zone and red velvet and air norton

the 2XXX i have i put a crunch lab and a liqurifre

on the 1XXX i haven't changed them. i thinlk for the sake of getting a little more high output like d axtivator x in the bridge and not sure what in the neck.

search around a bit. ibanez is known for shitty pickups, quite a few get swapped.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The V7 and V8 that were in my RG520 were just awful. So bad. Muddy, flat, completely boring pickups.

It has a SD Distortion/Jazz set now. Still not happy. I'm giving the D Sonic a shot next.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Ibanez has a few high-end guitars with brand-name pickups, which are good. Ibanez's own pickups (INF and V series particularly) are ludicrously muddy and bleh.

EDIT FOR OWN SETUP: I have an S series with, from bridge to neck:
Dimarzio FRED
Dimarzio Fast Track 2
Dimarzio PAF Pro

With the stock pickups (Ibanez INF pickups), it was mud city. Now, it sings.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Last edited by PsiGuy60 at Mar 15, 2014,
yeah most people swap the v series ones. they're the weak link on the 15xx series guitars.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What's hilarious to me is that out of all the stock Ibanezes I've played, the old Powersounds are actually the most usable ones.

The ones they put on the cheapest guitars 10 years ago.

The Infinities have to be the worst easily. The Vintages are like... ugh these suck. The Infinities are like "oh my god my ears turn this piercing shrill noise off now".

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Just sold an RG920QM. It was my favorite Ibanez in the shop. Bittersweet.
^ Not sure I've tried the powersounds. yeah the infs are horrible, from what I can remember. I thought the v series were alrightish (just about), but would definitely benefit from being swapped (supposedly the magnet swap thing is worth a try too but i only found out about that after I swapped mine ).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?