I ask you for help. I have just bought emg-81 pickup and I think that it may not be original one. What do you think about it?? PLEASE, HELP ME!

What makes you think it's fake?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I have seen a lot of this pickups and they looked different + I have no experience with this pickups :/
Quote by BlokerZG
I have seen a lot of this pickups and they looked different + I have no experience with this pickups :/
I don't see how the two things cope with each other.
I've never heard of fake EMGs, but anyway, how were the others different?
And where did you buy the thing?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
I don't see how the two things cope with each other.
I've never heard of fake EMGs, but anyway, how were the others different?
And where did you buy the thing?

Fake EMGs exist but they don't look like the one in the OP's pic.

FWIW it looks real to me. So I'm wondering what exactly OP is seeing that makes him think it's fake? Is it the sticker on the back? Some older EMGs have the orange/brownish back instead of the black. Maybe it's that?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Mar 12, 2014,
nowadays in my country we can find a lot chinese counterfeits. old and new EMGs are varied by logo and etiquette on back of pickup, what really make me unsure if it is original. Pickup come from 13-years old guitar. These counterfeits I talk about have the same etiquette like on my pickup. It makes me upset at all
The logo on the front never changes. The only thing that changes is the color and that's because it denotes a different pickup all together.

Silver logo is almost always an 81.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by BlokerZG
nowadays in my country we can find a lot chinese counterfeits. old and new EMGs are varied by logo and etiquette on back of pickup, what really make me unsure if it is original. Pickup come from 13-years old guitar. These counterfeits I talk about have the same etiquette like on my pickup. It makes me upset at all

Maybe the guitar is 13 years old, but the pickups were newly replaced. Front looks real. Never seen the back of one. I'd say it's real.
Looks legit to me. Mine were the same on the back.
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
The black back EMGs were usually OEM. Most of them have the green circuit board looking back, but there's absolutely nothing abnormal about your black back with the sticker.

There actually have been two different style EMG logos. Yours looks like the older logo, like this:

The new logo is more stylized, and looks like this:

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Here's what mine look like. I pulled these out of a Epiphone Custom Shop guitar, so I can verify the 81. I bought the 60X online, so I'm pretty sure its legitimate. Biggest difference is that mine have what I believe are manufacturers date on them, but that's not to say that they didn't at one point in time.