I am totally blown away by this guitar. Even though I've owned guitars from just about every boutique builder out there, I think that Teuffel is on a whole other level because of a few key features. Likely going to be selling off a ton of my "permanent" (lol) guitars now so I can afford to order a Tesla 7 in red with a trem and maybe fanned frets.

In point form, here are my favorite aspects of this guitar:
  • Ergonomics: It is nice and compact, which is great for people with shoulder issues like me. The shape and design keeps you elbows tucked in, much like my Strandberg although even more so.

• The TONE! The low end is very solid and punchy sounding. In my experience, tuning down is usually a compromise that involved loosing attack, clarity, harmonic content due to larger strings, etc... but with this guitar you can tune down very low while maintaining excellent tension, feel, and more importantly - tone. The Teuffel site and other places mention that the extended body is the reason that the low end is so solid sounding, but I didn't believe it at all until I actually played my Tesla 7!

• Overall attention to detail: This guitar is absolutely flawless, you can definitely tell Ulrich Teuffel has been building since the 1980s, "little" things that usually bug me on high end guitars are not issues with this guitar. If you read the literature on Ulrich's website, you will find that he even hand polishes/buffs each screw!!!

• Playability: The guitar is very very easy to play. Maintains extremely low acton without compromising tone or sounding thin.

There are more things that I love about this guitar, but I honestly don't feel like writing out a 6 page essay, so have some delicious HD pictures taken by my friend Zack before he forwarded the guitar to me:

Want to Buy:

UV7PWH
Nice guitar
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I love how Teuffels look, they're so efficient and sculpted.

Do you know what the reasoning is behind having the body extend so far up the neck on the upper bout? I imagine it doesn't get in the way given the carve in the back, but is there a tone/construction reason?
Now, that's an axe for you
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I was wondering if/when you'd get around to a Teuffel.

HNGD!

...Now, how long before we see your Rolf Spuler or Rick Toone NGD?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Mar 12, 2014,
Thanks guys!

Quote by Roc8995
I love how Teuffels look, they're so efficient and sculpted.

Do you know what the reasoning is behind having the body extend so far up the neck on the upper bout? I imagine it doesn't get in the way given the carve in the back, but is there a tone/construction reason?

On the website and in interviews, he says its to make the low end more "solid" and clear sounding.

It sounded like horseshit to me but when I played it he was totally right.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
I was wondering if/when you'd get around to a Teuffel.

HNGD!

...Now, how long before we see your Rolf Spuler or Rick Toone NGD?

I don't think I'd buy a Toone because he hasn't actually built very many guitars, and I wouldnt feel comfortable dropping $$$ with an untested luthier.

Next is a Spalt
Want to Buy:

UV7PWH
(Invalid img)

Tosin plays Toones...how much more testing required?

Also, not like there's a ton o Teuffels out there, either.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Man awesome, saw a video of an 8 string one the other day.
I'd love to actually play one of these things man. Looks awesome!
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Ew. Ewewewewew. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

HNGD if you like it though!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Ew. Ewewewewew. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

BOO this man

kidding, I totes think it's hideous too
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
??????????? i dont even know what i am looking at. what are those circles on your guitar? crop circles?
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
BOO this man

kidding, I totes think it's hideous too

de gustibus est non disputandum.

Or... "There's no accounting for taste. Or the lack of it."
Quote by Spud Spudly
My left thumb sees that and gets sad.

Perhaps its owner will discover technique that does not require wrapping around the neck.
There's a guitar one does not see very often! HNGD! Enjoy it!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
That is strangely awesome. I want it.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
ive been youtube the birdfish model. it looks AWESOME. it also looks about 15,000 bucks. so, its basically a work of art / rich mans toy. no doubt that its awesome in every way. i would love a lot of the features...
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by Spud Spudly
My left thumb sees that and gets sad.

haha yeah this

that's an atrociously hideous instrument. HNGD though, i guess
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Stealthtastic

much like my Strandberg although even more so.

You got this one AND a Strandberg?

I envy you
awesome
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Is that thing a guitar, or some sort of alien weapon?

HNGD!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
Is that thing a guitar, or some sort of alien weapon?

HNGD!

Now that you said it I can totally imagine this guitar in some scifi B-movie.

HNGD though.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Not my cup of tea, but HNGD man
Main Rig:

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
Quote by Stealthtastic

Headless guitars move my fretting hand pretty far to the right when they're hanging in the strap. They move the entire playing surface that direction, come to think of it. I'm not sure that works for me if I'm playing above the 12th fret. I've begun to notice where my hands naturally fall with the various guitars I have, and what obstacles are in the way of getting to the higher frets; I was wondering why some guitars seem to be more comfortable for lead work, others for cowboy chords.

I'm not sure that I understand why a guitar with a given scale would ignore the laws of physics and "maintain excellent tension" when downtuning. I think you're in Honeymoon Phase <G>. I've tried this with the similar (except in body shape) Carvin Holdsworth Headless (25.5" scale) and found it seems to be pretty standard in that respect.
You realize things like headstock angle, hardware, etc...affect perceived string tension too right?
Want to Buy:

UV7PWH
Quote by Stealthtastic
You realize things like headstock angle, hardware, etc...affect perceived string tension too right?

I realize that if you have a trapeze tailpiece and a headstock where there's considerable string length, your string may stretch a bit more, and if that's what you're talking about, then yes, I've realized that for several decades. That's about the end of it.

But this guitar is roughly identical in "string tension perception" to a blocked Floyd or a locked-down Kahler. It's also pretty much identical to any other headless, so I'm not seeing anything special there. You still have a floppy string when you drop the tension far enough to tune down with a skinny gauge.

I love the graphic design elements of the guitar; I'd like to know about its usability in terms of control use, if you'd like to review that. I've personally preferred guitars that allow you to reach out with your pinky and do volume swells. I've even had an LP modified to move a volume control closer to the bridge/bridge pickup for this, and I've swapped out knobs occasionally to speeds or to the Ibanez rubber-grippy speed-type from the smooth witch's hat style to facilitate that. I'm curious how those low-profile knobs do, and how easily they can be maneuvered...

Could you give us a tour of the controls (hopefully I haven't missed it somewhere else in the thread)?
I'm not big on the shape, but it is cool. I really like the birdfish.

Doesn't the way the body connects to the neck like that kinda kill some upper fret access? I mean, I like to have my thumb over the top of the neck, but I guess if you don't its not really a problem then.
banned
Last edited by deadsmileyface at Mar 18, 2014,
Wow, that looks really unique! (Stating the bloody obvious, derp)

HNGD
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
You don't do many bends on higher frets? It's strange to me to think about not having my thumb over the neck on giant high fret bends. It's cool looking, it's not anything I would buy but congrats, it's definitely something different. It looks very well made and probably plays great.
i was almost hoping i'd open this and see the one pickup Tesla 7 that was stolen from Messe last week

HNGD dude, shit looks sick.

And Tueffels aren't plentiful, but people who know their shit (and have a lot of money) have them.

For example, Hans Zimmer's studio: