I know there's a settings thread, but I'm not sure if this is really a settings question, I'm trying to get this tone and I'm curious as to what I would need as to achieve this tone, I'm guessing there's a harmonizer and a Phaser in there but I can't really be sure, as I don't think I'm listening close enough, cause it's a pretty rad tone and I like how it sounds, so I was wanting to get something like it as opposed to copying it outright. So far I've plugged my Dean Dimeoflame into my Laney AOR with an Bad Monkey OD which I thought would help, but it's not quite close enough however.

Trying to get the rhythm tone up to about thirty seconds in, any advice?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q_Y7ziWxNo
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
what is lacking in your setup, Bass, treble, mids, punch or is it something else.

That tone sounds like a boosted marshall-ish amp, the AOR and the BM should be able to help you

It might be because your playing Stryper with a Dime guitar, and Dime is pissed about it so he is F-ing you up on purpose
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
what is lacking in your setup, Bass, treble, mids, punch or is it something else.

That tone sounds like a boosted marshall-ish amp, the AOR and the BM should be able to help you

It might be because your playing Stryper with a Dime guitar, and Michael Sweet is pissed about it so he is F-ing you up on purpose

FTFY
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Robbgnarly

It might be because your playing Stryper with a Dime guitar, and Dime is pissed about it so he is F-ing you up on purpose

Gonna sig that

Not really sure what the issue is, cause that's what it sounds like to me too, I'll try another guitar that doesn't have the Dimebucker in (ew) and I'll respond back!

Edit: Tried to boost the mids a bit more but it feels like too much, I've got no idea here. Haha
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Mar 12, 2014,
I'm not a fan of the dime bucker, but over all what do you feel needs to happen with your sound? What is lacking in the overall tone?

Sorry I meant the last post part as a question not a statement

I remember as a kid Stryper was one of the few "metal" bands my mom would let me listen to (she was on a crazy spiritual thing in the late 80's earl 90's) on MTV. She thought it was great they were "Christian" but didn't realize right after would be Warant or GnR
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Mar 12, 2014,
Quote by Robbgnarly
I'm not a fan of the dime bucker, but over all what do you feel needs to happen with your sound? What is lacking in the overall tone?

Sorry I meant the last post part as a question not a statement

Think it maybe the overal tone of the entire thing to be honest, it doesn't really feel like it's anywhere close... Despite having the BM Boosted, I think there's a lack of... Presence with it, I don't mean the top end, I just mean it doesn't feel large enough if that makes any sense at all

Edit: It maybe the signiture pinch harmonic like sounds in there that's confusing me, I think that might be what I'm after... Trying to work out if they're pinch harmonics or just some clever guitar tone.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Mar 12, 2014,
what about the presence?

Set all the controls to 12 o'clock and add or take away what you feel it needs. Do yourself a favor and use your ears not your eyes when you eq. My Marshall is EQ'd way different than I would ever think of setting any EQ of an amp, but it sounds great (very crisp, articulate and punchy)

Have you tried adding a little delay to it at al? that will help thicken it up
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Mar 12, 2014,
Quote by Robbgnarly
what about the presence?

Set all the controls to 12 o'clock and add or take away what you feel it needs. Do yourself a favor and use your ears not your eyes when you eq. My Marshall is EQ'd way different than I would ever think of setting any EQ of an amp, but it sounds great (very crisp, articulate and punchy)

Have you tried adding a little delay to it at al? that will help thicken it up

Got it a little better after cutting some mids and boosting treble and presence, something I never thought I'd do! Think I'm gonna play around I think...

Don't have a Delay pedal I know, what's a guitarist without one of those xD Hoping to buy some pedals in the near future!
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I don't own a delay pedal either (I guess my pod would count but I hardly ever use it)
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Get a PB&J delay. They're awesome.

I'm not saying that cause I have one on my board either
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.