Page 1 of 4
I've been attempting my driving test for years and, after 11 attempts, I decided to give up and try to ride the motorbike instead...

Only to find out it's just as bloody difficult! Gutted.

I had my first motorbike test today and it was disastrous. I went out in a little "convoy", but ended up losing my tutor and getting totally and utterly lost.

Went down a junction following some signs and ended up on a motorway, had no idea what I was doing and ended up pulling over on the hard shoulder and ringing my Dad who came to pick me up.

The annoying thing is that I'm a pretty good driver/cycler but just RUBBISH at tests, always have been ever since I flunked school and even failed my Grade 1 guitar test (actually dropped my guitar on the floor!)

Anyone else have these kinda problems with tests?
The king stay the king
I failed the written exam 5 times. Passed the 6th. ^^

The driving test was easy though.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
What's giving you so much trouble with these tests? Do you just get nervous?
Im a nervy driver but also suffer from road rage
The king stay the king
Last edited by tp600 at Mar 12, 2014,
Quote by angusfan16
is ur name spongebob

Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
Quote by chookiecookie
wow

much test

many failure

such shame

wow

And what makes you so perfect?
The king stay the king
Quote by angusfan16
is ur name spongebob

Did he fail a load of driving test or something? I've never seen it.
The king stay the king
I passed first go

Really though, not much offense intended, but I you fail 10+ times it's pretty clear you're not understanding the picture and should not be allowed to drive for like 5 years atleast.
Bad at testing means nothing, if you get so anxious that you fail because someone is watching how you drive and judging it, you're not fit to drive and are a danger to others if you try.
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by tp600

My looks, personality, rocking abs, musical ability, sex appeal and the fact I haven't failed my driving test 11 times.
ayy lmao
Quote by chookiecookie
My looks, personality, rocking abs, musical ability, sex appeal and the fact I haven't failed my driving test 11 times.

+1 can confirm

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I passed first go

Very, very well done, and thanks for sharing with the group.

Quote by Obsceneairwaves

It's pretty clear you're not understanding the picture and should not be allowed to drive for like 5 years atleast.

I get the picture, it's just driving around, keeping your car in the white lines n that. I fail for stupid things like going over speed bumps fast, splashing people, not giving way, not giving enough braking distance to other cars, etc. Hardly a cardinal sin. I think 5 years is a bit harsh.

Quote by chookiecookie

But what about your lack of modesty and annoying turn of phrase?
The king stay the king
Quote by tp600

I don't lack modesty.

It's not arrogance if you're confident.

Oh, and add confidence to the list of reasons why I am better than you.
ayy lmao
Aight, well hook us up with some pics and links to your music so we can judge your looks, rocking abs and musical ability.

I think you've already failed the personality test when you said "wow... much test"
The king stay the king
Quote by chookiecookie
I don't lack modesty....

...I am better than you.

Errr...
The king stay the king
Quote by tp600
Very, very well done, and thanks for sharing with the group.
I get the picture, it's just driving around, keeping your car in the white lines n that. I fail for stupid things like going over speed bumps fast, splashing people, not giving way, not giving enough braking distance to other cars, etc. Hardly a cardinal sin. I think 5 years is a bit harsh.

that's all reason enough to fail someone, other than being a total dick, it's also reckless

5 years to think about your arrogant behaviour on the road seems fair enough to me

Quote by tp600

He was being humble, he's actually a god but never wants to show it off

EDIT: you try being Modest when you're just that good

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Last edited by Obsceneairwaves at Mar 12, 2014,
Quote by tp600

He has a golden toilet in which he shits in. When he flushes the shit gets processed into food for starving africans.

He deserves the nobel prize ffs.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by tp600
Errr...

Confidence, bro.

Quote by Obsceneairwaves

He was being humble, he's actually a god but never wants to show it off

EDIT: you try being humble when you're just that good

See this?

There's 3 people in this thread who currently think I'm awesome. That's not even including myself.

Edit: Make it four now ^
ayy lmao
Nah, I'm pretty good at tests, I get by on natural bullshitting ability. I haven't even tried for my license cuz it's too expensive, and all motorcyclists here told me not to bother since it's dangerous. Since I can't afford a car OR a driver's license, I guess I already failed.

So don't worry, public transport is not so bad.
There's a reason why these tests exist. You shouldn't be driving or cycling. You'll be great at riding shotgun though, I'm sure.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Excuse me if I'm not hugely impressed that people on the Ultimate Guitar message board think you're "awesome".

Saying "I'm better than you" behind the comfort of your keyboard in your bedroom is all well and good, but where are these links?
The king stay the king
Quote by Xiaoxi
There's a reason why these tests exist. You shouldn't be driving or cycling. You'll be great at riding shotgun though, I'm sure.

Just call him Cobain
Quote by tp600
Excuse me if I'm not hugely impressed that people on the Ultimate Guitar message board think you're "awesome".

Saying "I'm better than you" behind the comfort of your keyboard in your bedroom is all well and good, but where are these links?

ultimate-chookiecookie.com
Quote by tp600

You're on a pretty high horse for someone who failed their driving test 10+ times

sick burn mate sick burn

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by tp600

The community of ultimate guitar's opinion is highly influential in many aspects of the world.

They just started funding the orphanage for under-privileged privileged orphans.

Their opinion matters.

Quote by Obsceneairwaves
You're on a pretty high horse for someone who failed their driving test 10+ times

sick burn mate sick burn

yeh m8 u burned him gud

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
ultimate-chookiecookie.com

ayy lmao
Ali the guitar kid, thanks for popping by, but leave this one to the grown ups
The king stay the king
Quote by tp600
I fail for stupid things like going over speed bumps fast, splashing people, not giving way, not giving enough braking distance to other cars, etc. Hardly a cardinal sin. I think 5 years is a bit harsh.
All except speedbumps, if you're in the car alone and it's your car, are actually really uncool. Do you only do these on tests but never otherwise?
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Quote by tp600
but leave this one to the grown ups

But then you couldn't monitor your own thread
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by tp600
Ali the guitar kid, thanks for popping by, but leave this one to the grown ups

Every grown up I know can drive themselves around.
Quote by chookiecookie
The community of ultimate guitar's opinion is highly influential in many aspects of the world.

Only if you seek the approval of a bunch of greasy haired metal heads who spend all day shredding on Flying Vs whilst having secret man crushes on John Petrucci.
The king stay the king
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
But then you couldn't monitor your own thread

Ha ha ha ha ha.

Oh joy of joys, someone award this man a medal for bringing originality back to comedy.
The king stay the king
Quote by tp600
Only if you seek the approval of a bunch of greasy haired metal heads who spend all day shredding on Flying Vs whilst having secret man crushes on John Petrucci.

Except for most of the people in the pit that you're referring to don't even play guitar, but go on. I'm sure somebody will be mad eventually.

More mad than you anyway.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by tp600
alright lads, thanks for popping by, i'm off so i'm leaving this one to you grown ups

ftfy
no worries mate see you later

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by tp600

yeh m8 that's koo and all but i only take note of people who haven't flunked their driving test over 10 times.
ayy lmao
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Except for most of the people in the pit that you're referring to don't even play guitar

Say what?
The king stay the king
Page 1 of 4