Page 5 of 334
Quote by big-T
I think Sanders is just visiting at the minute but with the way they've been throwing the cash around I'd be surprised if he left without a deal.

Combine that with how the Steelers really haven't been and I don't see him coming back

The Pirates picked one hell of a time to start being good again, it's going to be a rough rebuild

I have faith in the Rooney's to do so, but it's gonna take a fair amount of time.
I thought losing Brandon Browner would be a huge blow during the season, but his backup Maxwell played even better and held his side of the field in the playoffs and SB.

I think he'd be a good fit in NE. Pete has a way of taming problem players or players with history, but he still gives them a lot of freedom and trust. Belichick seems like he could keep him in line.

Except he probably won't sign him due to the 4 game suspended, and he'll end up a bust on the Redskins.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
According to Sherms Twitter, Browner did sign somewhere.

And speaking of, after,starting beef with Blount yesterday, now he's starting beef with DeAngelo Hall. Ok guys,I have something to admit...

I'm fed up with Sherman. This shit is ******ed.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
yeah, me too. he's just got a HUUUUUUUGE chip on his shoulder. it's not confidence, it's insecurity. like if he stops saying he's the best, he won't be the best.

before, i just thought it was confident, somewhat arrogant, blunt trash talk. but it's not just that.
I don't even care. If he backs it up, he can talk all he likes.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
at a certain point, there's more talk than you could ever hope to back up.

he's the best, but he doesn't talk like he's the best. he talks like he's outside the top 3, doing his best to break in by convincing people he's worthy
To be fair, DeAngelo Hall isn't good enough to shine Sherman's cleats. But yeah, he needs to chill already.

Did another mock draft. Really happy with this one, but unfortunately the draft website disagreed heavily with two picks I made - who gives an F for a late sixth-rounder? Those don't even make the team half the time! - so it brought down my overall score.

Round 1 Pick 24 (CINN): Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State (B)
Round 2 Pick 18 (MIA): Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee (A-)
Round 2 Pick 23 (CINN): Marcus Martin, C, Southern California (A)
Round 3 Pick 10 (NYG): C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa (B-)
Round 3 Pick 19 (CLE): Will Sutton, DT, Arizona State (A)
Round 3 Pick 25 (S.D.): Will Clarke, DE, West Virginia (B)
Round 4 Pick 2 (WASH): Chris Davis, CB, Auburn (B-)
Round 5 Pick 2 (WASH): Charles Sims, RB, West Virginia (A)
Round 5 Pick 16 (CHI): Kirby Van Der Kamp, P, Iowa State (B+)
Round 6 Pick 18: Jemea Thomas, FS, Georgia Tech (D)
Round 6 Pick 21 (G.B.): Jonathan Dowling, FS, Western Kentucky (F)
Round 7 Pick 1 (HOU): Brent Urban, DE, Virginia (A)
Round 7 Pick 17 (IND): Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana (A)

Benjamin is a great option across from Torrey on the outside. He's not as fast, but he's a lot bigger. Needs to develop his hands, but so did Torrey when he entered the league and look at him now. Same for route running. Those can all be fixed down the line though, and assuming the Ravens get Steve Smith, can be worked with. Route-running and lack of lightning speed were knocks on Alshon Jeffrey, that's working out well. Plus he'd complete a terrifying red zone package; 6'5" Benjamin, 6'4" Pitta, 6'7" Fiedorowicz, 6'5" Marlon Brown, and either Ray Rice to swing out for a screen or Torrey for a little speed mixed in. Even Joe can't overthrow that much height.

Richardson's no Jake Matthews, but I like him. If we needed him to play LT I'd be scared, but I like him as a RT prospect. Martin's good enough to start ASAP, and be a hell of a lot better than Shipley or Gradkowski. He also has a higher ceiling(I don't think he'll ever have a shot at HoF or a half-dozen pro bowls or anything, but he certainly has the potential to be right on the edge of the elite centers in a few years). Monroe/Osemele/Martin/Yanda/Richardson is a very enticing offensive line.

Fiedorowicz was a debated choice between him and Niklas. Ended up going with Fiedorowicz because Niklas came off the board. Pitta's not horrible at it - if you want horrible TE blocking, say hi to my best buddy, Ed Dickson - but he's definitely not a great blocker. Fiedorowicz on the other hand blocks like a tackle. He doesn't have great speed, but he's good enough there, he has good hands even in traffic, and he has plenty of short-distance elusiveness and quickness, with the best 3-cone at the combine for a TE. Plus again, his size helps fill out a terrifying red zone package. I really like him and Pitta as a tandem. Neither's a burner, but with Torrey and Jacoby that's not needed. They compliment each other well.

Sutton was because I got no trade offers, and anyone else of need was a stretch, so BPA. Sutton's not an immediate impact starter, but he is a good depth/rotation player. Also gives more options in case Ngata disappoints again. A camp battle between him and Brandon Williams for NT would be fun. Clarke's a solid enough replacement for Art Jones, and just like Art Jones, he has a much higher ceiling than he's coming in at. Chris Davis gives the Ravens a returner option in case Jacoby needs to be cut, and fills a solid nickel role now that Corey Graham's left. It'd be him vs. Asa Jackson, the special teamer and dime corner that played lights-out in preseason before getting suspended for half a year. Plus he has the potential to grow into a starter, which might be needed if Jimmy Smith plays like he did down the stretch, because if he does he'll get priced out of our range just like Ellerbe and Art. Sims is a depth signing that could make some waves during Ray's likely suspension, and who knows, stranger things have happened at RB, right Alfred Morris? Van Der Kemp is the best punter in the draft, and Sam Koch, the current Ravens punter, has a big cap hit as far as punters go. I will always love him for having the most important play by a punter in superbowl history, but it's the economics of the cap. Replacing $3m with a 5th round rookie's salary? Free money.

Thomas and Dowling would compete for the FS position, but they'd both probably end up being sub DBs and sitting behind Gregory - who sounds like a fit and I hope the Ravens sign him - for a year. The main knock I can find against Thomas is his height. 5'9" might be a bit short - and is not helped by Elam being only an inch taller - but he's only an inch shorter than Jarius Byrd, so I'm fine with that. I've always valued range and football IQ much higher than height in a free safety, both of which Thomas has; former corner, so speed is there, and I like his mental abilities. Dowling is more of a sub guy that I like for bringing up closer to the line on intermediate routes, especially if the other team brings in a Graham or someone who's big since Dowling has six inches on Thomas. Urban and Latimer are both purely depth signings.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 30-26
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2016: 8-8
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Sherman may need to shut up, but so does Hall. He talks to the best corner in the game - even if he's a loudmouth, until we see Revis in a scheme that actually functions, Sherman's my #1 - like he's #2 right behind him, when he's been above-average at best the last three years.

Sherman should be less Shermany and Hall should worry more about football because you're a 30 year-old cornerback, and you're no Champ Bailey in terms of talent. Focus on making sure you actually deliver next year.

Awww my presence has disappeared. My name's not on the Giants list anymore
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by talia.
Awww my presence has disappeared. My name's not on the Giants list anymore

You never posted in the last thread I'll re-add you
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
oh DeAngelo Hall. When he was in his prime he wasn't even the best in the NFL, cos Nnamdi had that title locked down. Gets 8 picks in a season, and then almost nothing after that, but stats don't mean shit when you get thrown to like twice a game..
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
You never posted in the last thread I'll re-add you

I took a hiatus
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by TSmitty6
Except he probably won't sign him due to the 4 game suspended, and he'll end up a bust on the Redskins.

He gave up a draft pick for Talib who was serving a suspension at the time.

Dennard would probably stay at #2 for the first 4 weeks....unless he gets a suspension too with him being in Jail at the minute and what not
Quote by Cadj
Okay, big-T is a legend first and foremost

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Would like to publicly state that Big-T is my new God and Hero
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
I don't even care. If he backs it up, he can talk all he likes.

This.

Quote by progdude93
yeah, me too. he's just got a HUUUUUUUGE chip on his shoulder. it's not confidence, it's insecurity. like if he stops saying he's the best, he won't be the best.

before, i just thought it was confident, somewhat arrogant, blunt trash talk. but it's not just that.

I'm insecure about myself as a musician and pick at my flaws all the time, and I'm still one of the best in my school's department. That's not bragging or exaggeration, that's fact. I try not to let myself think that way though; I feel like I would lose my drive if I ever started thinking that I was among the best, or even the best. That all being said, if it really is an insecurity thing with Sherman, I can absolutely relate, and have no problem with it.

Granted, he's more...obnoxious about how he handles it if that's the case, but as said, he can back it up, so it's a non-issue with me.
Necro, is Jaleel McClain any good? The Giants just signed him.

Speaking of the Giants, Reese is going OFF this free agency. Jaleel McClain, Geoff Schwartz, Rashad Jennings, and they resigned Jon Beason, Stevie Brown, Andre Brown, Josh Brown, Peyton Hillis(who was a Brown, get it?), and Trumaine McBride.
I heard that Seattle might sign Sidney Rice to a new contract. It would make sense, as he'd make far less than he would have on his old deal. They need help at WR, and Rice can be good if he stays healthy.
HAHAHA i hope you're kidding. you'd have to be pretty ****ing desperate to sign Sidney Rice at this point
Pre-Seattle Sidney Rice was a beast though. The injury bug has derailed him but he is probably still decent enough to warant somewhere in the viscinity of $3million.
Quote by progdude93
HAHAHA i hope you're kidding. you'd have to be pretty ****ing desperate to sign Sidney Rice at this point

He just spent a few seasons in Seattle, and he'll be cheap this time. I'd say it's worth the risk to see if he can stay healthy.

Two years ago he had 748 yards and 7 TDs. If he can perform close to that level, I'd bring him back.
Cortland Finnegan and Shelley Smith are at the Dolphins facility today. Finnegan would add some nice depth at CB, get it done Hickey!

Not too familiar with Shelley Smith, but we definitely need as many bodies for the offensive line as possible. Sign him and hopefully Zach Strief and I'll be thrilled with this offseason.
Shelley Smith was visiting with the Pats the other day, only started 7 games last year for the Rams - the first 7 of his career. Big guy at 6'4" 312lbs though.

Wesley Woodyard, another guy the Pats had in for a visit signed with the Titans today too, he should go well with Ray Horton as DC.

Redskins have released starting Center Will Montgomery - dumb move
Quote by Cadj

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Last edited by big-T at Mar 14, 2014,
Quote by Guitarlord44
Necro, is Jaleel McClain any good? The Giants just signed him.

Speaking of the Giants, Reese is going OFF this free agency. Jaleel McClain, Geoff Schwartz, Rashad Jennings, and they resigned Jon Beason, Stevie Brown, Andre Brown, Josh Brown, Peyton Hillis(who was a Brown, get it?), and Trumaine McBride.

You wouldn't confuse him for Ray Lewis, but he was pretty good pre-injury. He hasn't been the same since it, but then again, he's only played half a season since recovering from it, so there's really not a fair body of work there. Very dedicated, get-it-done kind of guy, I can see why Coughlin would like him. If he can regain his pre-injury form - which is very possible since he's only 28, and absolutely has the mentality to attack rehab fiercely - then I'd say it's a good pickup; even if he's not the best after the snap, he was good at reading an diagnosing offenses. But I'm imagining it doesn't have a lot of guaranteed money just because that's still a decent-sized "if".

Also, it's Jameel, not Jaleel. :p;

General consensus with most football fans period is probably wrong
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
General consensus with most football fans period is probably wrong

This is true. Never heard of him though.

Tillman signs one year with Chicago.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 3s
Ravens and WR Steve Smith reached agreement. He's a Raven.
Quote by Cadj

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Finnegan to the Dolphins. 2 yr/$11 million, which I was really upset about at first, but apparently the first year is only $1 million and the second year is almost entirely incentives so I don't mind too much.

Plus now we get to call him Phinnegan.
They actually have to play some good teams (on paper) this year, 11-5 at best.
Quote by Cadj

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Vikings resigned Jerome Simpson, ergh. Also just signed Dereck Cox from SD, who I know nothing about but yay new DBs
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
#IceUpSon

#IKnowI'mLate

So apparently Browner never turned up at the Redskins facility and stayed at the hotel in Patriot Place instead
Quote by Cadj

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Chris Cook to the 49ers, good luck to him, he was pants for us recently.

Spielman, Zimmer and Turner were at 'Bamas pro day so seems like they have McCarron in mind for round 2
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Oher to Tennessee - 4 years 20m, 9.5m guaranteed.
Quote by Cadj

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Best of luck to him. I still think the way he's bounced around LT and RT has really hurt him, but he just bottomed out this past year. I hope he does well in Tennessee, but I'm going to be happy to move on.