I got an Ibanez Tube Screamer. I tried it out and the woman at Guitar Center put it back in it's box for me. (so you know it's not broken) I got the power adapter too. (works) But when I plug it into my Line 6 Spider IV amp, no sound. I plug my guitar in as usual, (works fine without pedal) I take my other cable and plug it into my new pedal and plug it in where it says "Headphones/Output". I don't have any other plug-in locations on my amp. There is a plug-n that says DBV Pedal but no where on my pedal does it have a plug-in for that specific wire. Please help me! I'm new to all of this and I've only been playing guitar for half a year and electric for a month.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you have said, but it sounds like you plugged your guitar in to the amp input, and the pedal is plugged in somewhere else?

Plug the guitar into the pedal input, plug the pedal output into the amp input. Enjoy.
What you did here was plugging the guitar into the amp's input and the pedal to to the amp's output.
While from a certain point of view this makes sense it's not the way you wanna do things - you have to plug the guitar into the pedal's input and the pedal's output to the amp's input.

Why?
'cause this way your signal is going to the amp and it's being amplified and then emitted.
If you plug the amp's output though, what happens is that you basically amplify your sound and then send it to the pedal, but the signal doesn't return to the amp, so unless you plugged the pedal into something else there would be no way in which your sound would be emitted.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
So you're boosting the front end of a spider? That's brutal.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Also, make sure your pedal has a power source (battery or AC adapter) for when you do sort it out (maybe the tube screamer comes with one?).
Epi G400 '66 Reissue
w/ Airline Vintage Voiced Single Coil Pickups
Quote by Telecaster7
^ is correct except the input/output jacks on the pedal will be opposite.

That is kind of a messed up photo. Didn't notice that.
Epi G400 '66 Reissue
w/ Airline Vintage Voiced Single Coil Pickups
Quote by Conn3r1996
I plug my guitar in as usual, (works fine without pedal) I take my other cable and plug it into my new pedal and plug it in where it says "Headphones/Output". I don't have any other plug-in locations on my amp. There is a plug-n that says DBV Pedal but no where on my pedal does it have a plug-in for that specific wire.

Wow, that's all kinds of wrong.

As others already said, you have to connect the cables this way:
  • One cable from the guitar -> Tube Screamer IN
  • One cable from the Tube Screamer OUT -> Line 6 Spider "Guitar" input

On a side note, using a Tube Screamer with a modelling amp such as the Spider isn't a good idea. The Spider already has built-in overdrive which sounds better than adding an external pedal.
The Tube Screamer will sound infinitely better once you get a nicer amp.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Spambot_2
What you did here was plugging the guitar into the amp's input and the pedal to to the amp's output.
While from a certain point of view this makes sense it's not the way you wanna do things - you have to plug the guitar into the pedal's input and the pedal's output to the amp's input.

Why?
'cause this way your signal is going to the amp and it's being amplified and then emitted.
If you plug the amp's output though, what happens is that you basically amplify your sound and then send it to the pedal, but the signal doesn't return to the amp, so unless you plugged the pedal into something else there would be no way in which your sound would be emitted.

http://wall.pouthapioume.gr/myband.aspx?i=1283
Quote by DeathArtillery
(...)

*Spammer reported*
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by DeathArtillery
I fail in seeing how this link has anything to do with the ongoing discussion.

Anybody?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.