Page 1 of 2
I think the pit needs some art appreciation time

Right now (well for the past year or two actually) it's been gustav klimt

i'm a fan of art nouveau/art deco in general

This is my favorite painting ever (weite landschaft, by anton lehmden) and I have a poster of it which I recently rediscovered in my closet so now it's on the wall!

cat
But there's an art thread? anyway I love William Taylors work

Also I love most influential dutch painters. it's something to be proud of as a Dutchman.

My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Last edited by BjarnedeGraaf at Mar 13, 2014,
Monet probz
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
SlackerBabbath

I don't admire his work often, but it's fare more frequent than anyone elses, and it never ceases to be awesome
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
N.L. (Nancy) Glazier.

Perhaps one of the finest wildlife and outdoor artists on the planet.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by lolmnt
Monet probz

Word
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
poopface mc****
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
It's always been a complete fantasy of mine to pick up a paint brush and a glass of wine.

Absolutely, brilliant what guitarxo posted.

Thank you very much for that, I enjoyed those two pieces.
I consider some music to be fine art. Not just painters and what not..

Neil Young and Bruce Springsteen makes me quite emotional. Beethoven and Bach symphonies are always a treat if you want to hear storytelling through music alone of course..

Other than that (since you wouldn't consider it fine art i guess.. ;/ ) I've been to Louvre a couple of times, and I absolutely love Renaissance paintings. Michelangelo, Da Vinci, Uccelo, Mantegna and the likes of those. I also really like baroque, so Rubens, Rembrandt, Vermeer and Caravaggio are all excellent...
There's only one boss I listen to, and that's why I'm unemployed.
Schiele. Pretty close to Klimt, but I like him way more. He's a lot more honest, in a brutal way. These are the only two I know from the Secession anyway. I don't know much about painting. Oh, there's Caravaggio of course. I should take an art history class, I'd enjoy it.

I don't know if it'd be okay to post any of Schiele's work here, just google it.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Mar 13, 2014,
Dali, mostly because he's the only one I can name but also because dem bellz
Renoir and Monet

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by MarcFlink
Beethoven and Bach symphonies are always a treat if you want to hear storytelling through music alone of course..

Bach never wrote symphonies lol. The symphony wasn't really developed until Haydn's time when he formalized the sonata form.

I also wouldn't characterize Bach and Beethoven's music as "storytelling", they're not usually programmatic music (music with aspects of a tangible narrative). Instead the music is some of the most astounding achievements in logical architecture and design.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I'm a fan of Bach, as cliche as that may be.

I don't really know much about classical, visual artists.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
I'm a fan of Bach, as cliche as that may be.

I don't really know much about classical, visual artists.

Why would that be cliche?
It's all about surrealism
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
lovely painting guitarxo!

I know a blind female painter that you might wanna check out..
forgot the name, but I'll ask my dad if i remeber to
he has a painting of ayers-rock from said artist. looks amazing!

^
Quote by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
Quote by willT08
but does it look like ayers rock?

it actually does..

she's not completely blind.. should have speciefied that.
but her eyesight is so bad that she couldn't recognize someone if he was standing right in front of her.. only sees colour smudges etc.

but yeah.. She just captures the atmosphere of the whole place incredibly well.
I actually didn't know that it was a painting of ayers-rock at first but i guessed it right away.
Quote by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
Quote by Xiaoxi
Instead the music [of Beethoven and Bach] is some of the most astounding achievements in logical architecture and design.

On a tangent that's where I see Art Deco at it's strongest - in architecture. (and sculpture).

When it comes to painting, for me, it always comes back to Van Gogh.

Van Gogh

Da Vinci has to get a mention too, because he was a freakin' genius.
Si
ken sugimori

he drew all the pokemon and most of the pokemon cards
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by 20Tigers

Van Gogh

i agree with this
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Mar 13, 2014,
Picasso, Mondrian, Gris.

honorable mention to Hopper and Van Eyck.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Mucha -- and I love that his art nouveau style has made a big reemergence in metal album covers.

Van Gogh

(Invalid img)

And I really like Ito Jakuchu

Listen. I'm sorry.
Quote by MarcFlink
I consider some music to be fine art. Not just painters and what not..

Neil Young and Bruce Springsteen makes me quite emotional. Beethoven and Bach symphonies are always a treat if you want to hear storytelling through music alone of course..

Other than that (since you wouldn't consider it fine art i guess.. ;/ ) I've been to Louvre a couple of times, and I absolutely love Renaissance paintings. Michelangelo, Da Vinci, Uccelo, Mantegna and the likes of those. I also really like baroque, so Rubens, Rembrandt, Vermeer and Caravaggio are all excellent...

haha no of course music is fine art! This whole website is about music though so I didn't think people would post about it here too fine art isn't limited to visual art

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Schiele. Pretty close to Klimt, but I like him way more. He's a lot more honest, in a brutal way. These are the only two I know from the Secession anyway. I don't know much about painting. Oh, there's Caravaggio of course. I should take an art history class, I'd enjoy it.

I don't know if it'd be okay to post any of Schiele's work here, just google it.

I do like Schiele's landscapes but for some reason I just don't get as much out of his work. I also like how klimt's work has been incorporated into fashion and I wish there was more of it

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

cat
the dude who does those howtobasic vids

Quote by Spaztikko
Sasha Grey

9 out of 11 lmao great 1

Page 1 of 2