hi peeps,

iam about to purchuse a epiphone dot and a epiphone lp,
i have apair of seymour duncan custom custom (bridge) and 59s (neck) on a old washburn is it worth me putting them on one of the epiphone? and if so which one

cheers

ps iam looking for a nice bluessy tone with a bit of bite
Well are there things you don't like about the sound of your Epiphones? If not then there's no point in swapping them tbh.

EDIT: I noticed you don't have them yet. I wouldn't consider swapping anything before you get them in your hands and play around with them a bit.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Save the money and get a better guitar of which you like the feel but not the sound and then change the pickups.
Seriously, if I had that money I'd buy a better guitar instead of two meh to average ones.

And then, if you really have to buy them for some reason, put them in the guitar you would use for that kinda pickups, there's no real right answer here.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Since you seem to like the LP style, why not look into similar guitars by other manufacturers, like Fernandes and ESP/LTD. The LTD EC-1000 for example...

Otherwise if you want to gut that Washburn, those pickups will be fine for one guitar.
I've played some really nice Epiphones (and some not so nice ones). If it plays well but sounds a bit shitty then sure, why not swap the pups? Just because it's an Epi doesn't automatically make it a piece of crap. That applies to a lot of guitars. Not every cheap guitar is built badly, you just have to be picky and judge them on a guitar by guitar basis.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
I've played some really nice Epiphones (and some not so nice ones). If it plays well but sounds a bit shitty then sure, why not swap the pups? Just because it's an Epi doesn't automatically make it a piece of crap. That applies to a lot of guitars. Not every cheap guitar is built badly, you just have to be picky and judge them on a guitar by guitar basis.

This. The Dots and higher end LPs have always felt nice to me.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan