I sync maybe a third of my music on my iphone. Occasionally I'll trim some music off because I need the space or just don't feel like listening to the track(s).

I've found that recently it will sync those tracks back on regardless. I've checked for any option that let me designate what went on and I can find nothing but "on your phone". I did use a playlist to sync my music and I might have to go back to that for the sake of controlling the space used.

Is there any way to have absolute control and override this constant adding that it does or should I just stick to the playlist trick I used in the past?

Edit: I use the somewhat newest version of iTunes, an iphone 5 16gb
Last edited by RustedWithin at Mar 13, 2014,
Can you not connect your phone to your computer and use the file manager? Do you have to use Itunes to put the songs on? I've always found that software like Itunes and Windows media player always syncs weirdly. I've never liked it, I just copy and paste the files/folders directly onto my phone's sd card myself

I dont have an Iphone though, which is why I'm not sure if you can do that or not
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
You have to make sure 'Sync only ticked songs and videos' is ticked in the 'Summary' bit of where you would sync your phone. Then you can uncheck the songs you don't want on your phone in the music library and they won't sync.

You can uncheck an entire album/group of songs by selecting them all > right click > untick.
better yet make a playlist of all the music you want on your phone and then just sync that. That's what I do, it eliminates the need for the check boxes bs. It will show up under the respective artists and albums as well.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
Quote by KerNeL_KLuTcH
better yet make a playlist of all the music you want on your phone and then just sync that. That's what I do, it eliminates the need for the check boxes bs. It will show up under the respective artists and albums as well.

Yea, I was doing that before when I was worried about space but it guess I need to go back to it since my idevice has decided to do what it wants to do

Quote by Bladez22
Can you not connect your phone to your computer and use the file manager? Do you have to use Itunes to put the songs on? I've always found that software like Itunes and Windows media player always syncs weirdly. I've never liked it, I just copy and paste the files/folders directly onto my phone's sd card myself

I dont have an Iphone though, which is why I'm not sure if you can do that or not

You are correct, I could do the whole sd card thing but iphone/pad/pod doesn't use them nor allow you to manage your music through your file manager. Now you can use iTunes alternatives but that's about it.

Thanks everyone for your input!
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
You can turn off auto-sync and just drag and drop your songs into your iPhone.

This is what I do with my iPod. Easy enough.
I could start about how Android doesn't have this convenience-issue but that would be beating a dead horse.