Hello,

I hope this is the right place to put this but I'm hoping to start a succesful(ish) Youtube channel based around guitar gear.

I want my channel to be more unique than a lot of channels that I see now and be more focused on getting artist type tones with lower end gear etc. as a lot of younger guitarists (teenagers) can't afford super high end gear.

I'd find it really helpful if I could get some feedback as to what people would like to see on a guitar channel that isn't readily available currently?

(I get that a lot of people on here couldn't give two sh*ts but I'm hoping that there are a few who might?)

Thanks a lot.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Two Piece band's Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TerrorpinBand

I just like to imagine that my neighbors enjoy their free, nightly concerts.
My suggestion is to not do it or change the structure of it. It's really pointless to do a show based on getting artist sounds because every one is going to have different gear. How you get a tone won't be how someone else gets it. And then your comment section will mainly consist of "it sounds nothing like that." You're also going to get a lot of dislikes. It's just going to make you look bad. I think you're better off demoing low-end gear and just making them sound good in general. People like Phil X from Fretted Americana and Andy from Pro Guitar Shop play songs on very different gear than they were recorded on. They don't nail the tones at all but they're great players and can make it sound really good. That's why people like them. I also don't think you can be about super low-end gear. It will be impossible to gain credibility. You also need to be professional about the presentation and recording. And a good recording setup is going to cost more than your current gear so keep that in mind. You should be demoing things that people want and are going to search for. Follow some forum trends and see what people are talking about and aim to provide the best video regarding that gear.
Quote by JELIFISH19
My suggestion is to not do it or change the structure of it. It's really pointless to do a show based on getting artist sounds because every one is going to have different gear. How you get a tone won't be how someone else gets it. And then your comment section will mainly consist of "it sounds nothing like that." You're also going to get a lot of dislikes. It's just going to make you look bad. I think you're better off demoing low-end gear and just making them sound good in general. People like Phil X from Fretted Americana and Andy from Pro Guitar Shop play songs on very different gear than they were recorded on. They don't nail the tones at all but they're great players and can make it sound really good. That's why people like them. I also don't think you can be about super low-end gear. It will be impossible to gain credibility. You also need to be professional about the presentation and recording. And a good recording setup is going to cost more than your current gear so keep that in mind. You should be demoing things that people want and are going to search for. Follow some forum trends and see what people are talking about and aim to provide the best video regarding that gear.

Thank you, you brought up some really good points. I'll definitely take your suggestions into my vids.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Two Piece band's Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TerrorpinBand

I just like to imagine that my neighbors enjoy their free, nightly concerts.