Frankenstrat'd this one together.

Bought a Root Beer Float (flake) body that had the hardware in it. Swapped out the pots for CTS 250k's on the Volume and Neck tone, and a CTS 500K with an orange drop on the bridge. Wired the middle pickup to the neck tone pot as well.

Standard Mexi Strat pup in the middle, and a Texas Special I had lying around in the neck. Soaked the pickups covers in coffee for a couple days because why not.

Neck is a from a 2009 MiM Player Deluxe Strat, which is nice, because I like the fender Modern Shape with a 12" radius better than the 9.5". Too bad it wasn't one of the newer ones that had the silver spaghetti logo. Threw locking tuners on it.

Bridge is the Seymour Duncan JB that came with it.

Shimmed it, set it up, put thick strings on it. It's a rock n' roller.

OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Mar 13, 2014,
Dude, sweeeeeeeeet finish on that Frankenstrat. HNGD
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Not too chabby, vato!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Wow.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
I like the coffee effect. You can work on my stuff any day. I respect that build a lot more than someone who goes out and buys a 12000 dollar harp looking thingy.
Last edited by Spud Spudly at Mar 13, 2014,
Quote by Spud Spudly
I like the coffee effect.

This was my first go around. I'm happy with the effect. I read somewhere that the Fender licensed accessories are the way to go, because the cheap plastic ones don't stain well. Glad I listened!
Looks schweet Rooster!
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
what's cool is, if you take the finish off of the body the finish will retain the strat shape.

damn jake that's a beauty right there.
Quote by Ippon
Congrats!

Any plans to change the SC covers to Black?

They were, I made them cream.

Quote by gregs1020
what's cool is, if you take the finish off of the body the finish will retain the strat shape.

damn jake that's a beauty right there.