Page 1 of 2
So... I'm in a general level marketing class right now (like, as we speak), and my professor is kind of a nut.

His power points are always incredibly messy and hard to read, he makes some of the dumbest font and picture choices and they only make them look worse. He has no idea how to use the technology in the room and he's not even an older guy (probably early 40s). He also tends to play completely irrelevant clips from American Idol and other stuff like that in class just to inject the class with pop culture references

But today I'm pretty sure he officially lost his mind. Today we're talking about major US coffee chains and he just had a beat start playing in the middle of his powerpoint, and he started freestyling about them. I'm sitting here and I have no words. I wish I had that little shame honestly/was that passionate about my work lol

So, any good teacher stories?
Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Mar 13, 2014,
I had an Art of Collaboration freshmen seminar professor that was a straight nutjob. He had us play a "game" where we all get in a circle and hold hands. Then you say your own name while looking into the eyes of the person to your right and they do same as it just keeps going around the circle. We did it for 5 minutes straight. No joke, he told us that he did it with his theater company once for 2 hours.
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
Quote by Rockford_rocks

But today I'm pretty sure he officially lost his mind. Today we're talking about major US coffee chains and he just had a beat start playing in the middle of his powerpoint, and he started freestyling about them. I'm sitting here and I have no words. I wish I had that little shame honestly/was that passionate about my work lol

So, any good teacher stories?

It's nice to have a teacher that's passionate about their job but wat

I don't really have any good teacher stories. One of the higher up teachers in the Marketing program at the college I went to made shit tons of money in the video game industry and she drove a Vanquish to work every day. Hot too.
I had a teacher that went ballistic after someone drew a dick on the board before her class, she started threatening us with being done for sexual harassment and everything and went on a feminist rant for the rest of the class. What does she expect when she's a milf who wears skimpy clothes and works in a boys only secondary school. The funniest thing is I don't even think the person who done it was in our class, I think it was someone that was in the class before ours .
I went to a small Catholic high school. We had a math teacher who was infamous. His name was Mr. Maguire. About five feet tall, he had the skin of a white raisin and squinty eyes, earning him the moniker "Mr. Magoo." He also had a voice that was abrupt and dynamic...and about as sultry as Gilbert Gottfried's. Mr. Magoo reigned over his classroom with an iron ruler (not literally), that would be slapped hard against the desk of people who weren't paying attention. If you messed with him enough, he'd literally flip you out of your desk. I had that happen to me more than once. He was also passionately involved in the school musicals every year. He died a few years ago -- had a heart attack while driving and put his car into a tree. The world lost one of its great characters that day.

We also had a band teacher who let people smoke in the bathroom and admitted to one of the students that she had sexual fantasies about him. Good times.
Hi, I'm Peter
I try not to think about school. At all...

Edit- Now that I think about it, I've had crazier bus drivers than teachers.
Last edited by Dimarzio45 at Mar 13, 2014,
I took an African history class as part of my degree while in college. The professor was from Nigeria, and she was a bit nutty. She always ranted about how men were terrible, and would occasionally act pretty racist when talking about "white" people.

I still thought she was a good professor, and I enjoyed the class.

Other than that, all of my teachers/professors were fairly level headed.
My sophomore Geography teacher, Mr. Giles, was odd, but not really CRAZY. Though I admit, it was interesting that every time there was a break (Thanksgiving, Winter, and Spring) he would always go to foreign countries. That being said, he was VERY good at the subject he taught, seeing as he had first hand experience of essentially the entire world.

However, I will admit that it was very odd when, after he came back from Egypt and Libya (Right in the middle of all those protests, too) he began wearing a galibiya, a kaftan, and a turban for about 6 weeks afterward. (Not entirely sure about the names of the clothing, I had to try to remember what he said and google it)

I think he actually did convert to Islam... Not entirely sure....
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Last edited by S0n1c '97 at Mar 13, 2014,
Quote by Rockford_rocks

That sounds like something straight out of Community
I don't really have any, sadly. There was a teacher I never had at my high school who was a stoner and was convinced that there were birds living in the ceiling or something because my friends would make tweeting noises whenever he came back from blazing at lunch and he had no idea where the noise was coming from
Quote by R. Shackleford.
Glad to see the sex king getting some action I think it might be time for me to pull him out again tonight and take him for a spin around the rift.
I had business management classs and the teacher would play COD online talking the sh*t meanwhile kids were snorting aderal right behind him but he could never hear because he had his headset on. craziest thing he did was give everyone A's when 90% of the class actually just bombed the final.
Whats goes around must come down
One of my Bio teachers (best teacher I ever had, actually) in high school had his dead (stuffed) cat in his classroom. I think its name was Snuffles or something.

Quote by Todd Hart
So 'crunk and 'gandhi are already pussy-whipped, impressive.

Quote by Burgery
you just think they're being mean to you because you have fragile girl feelings
Quote by S0n1c '97
My sophomore Geography teacher, Mr. Giles, was odd, but not really CRAZY. Though I admit, it was interesting that every time there was a break (Thanksgiving, Winter, and Spring) he would always go to foreign countries. That being said, he was VERY good at the subject he taught, seeing as he had first hand experience of essentially the entire world.

However, I will admit that it was very odd when, after he came back from Egypt and Libya (Right in the middle of all those protests, too) he began wearing a galibiya, a kaftan, and a turban for about 6 weeks afterward. (Not entirely sure about the names of the clothing, I had to try to remember what he said and google it)

I think he actually did convert to Islam... Not entirely sure....

Where did you go to high school? I had a teacher with the same name that taught the same class and traveled to the same places.

Edit: checked your profile and location. Definitely the same guy.
Last edited by zackk at Mar 13, 2014,
Quote by zackk
Where did you go to high school? I had a teacher with the same name that taught the same class and traveled to the same places.

Interesting Can't wait to see this reply.

Quote by Todd Hart
So 'crunk and 'gandhi are already pussy-whipped, impressive.

Quote by Burgery
you just think they're being mean to you because you have fragile girl feelings
English teacher. Class took the piss all the time out of him.

One day he flipped.

Tossed a table and I swear to God karate chopped a kid in the neck.

We never saw him after that
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Well, as far as legitimately crazy, I had a teacher in 4th grade who was your run-of-the-mill cat lady.

Every so often she'd bring in all 7 of her cats and they'd just run around the room while she slept at her desk

It's really funny to think back on.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Crazy physics teacher, was super passionate about physics and science. Great teacher, and great guy. Just really loud and from Yorkshire, and is a little bit mental
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
My Chemistry teacher was an old cockney guy with a grey ponytail. He was so cheerful and laid-back. My class were little monsters, looking back, but we had so much respect for him that nobody dared mess around.

He let us make alcohol one term. Then once it was sufficiently distilled he let us take sips of it. A parent complained and he got in a LOT of trouble.
I'll be monitoring this thread for inspiration
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
We had an english teacher who in our first lesson with us, told us that if we don't get an A then we'll die. She'd say stuff like 'I love Satan', (and it's a catholic school) and other charming things like that
Musical Theatre! *jazz hands*

...what am I doing on this site...
My old English teacher was almost a living stereotype of an angry Irishman. Looked scary/crazy but was a nice guy and really loved the good side of his job. But one day just came in to class sat down, looked down for a second, then said "Class I haven't had drink in over a year".

Weird slightly bipolar behaviour. Also used to have chocolates in desk and when a kid from out of class came to deliver a note or something he would say 'Would you like a sweety little boy?". Ironically one of the few male teachers who didn't sexually interfere with children.
OUT OF ORDER
I had a teacher in 6th grade who supposedly flashed lights on girls changing during the talent show. I never had any problems with him.

Yesterday a cop came in for our health class to talk about drugs. He started out the conversation by telling us about the human body parts and sex, to make sure we were mature enough to hear stuff like that. Not once in the presentation did he say anything of that matter. Was actually scared.
One of my English teachers brought in his Lee Enfield WW1 rifle once, with bayonet, and let our class hold it and stuff. He was obsessed with WW1.
Quote by chrisyoonyoon
where i'm from it's very different with emotionships
Sounds hard, OP.

I had this 64 year old lady, super fit, nut-job health freak, Health Science teacher in high-school. She used to eat this green gloop she made in a blender (and nothing else ), while ranting on the government, obamacare, and why we are all stupid kids.

Sometimes she would show us videos about people having thier lives saved by god. Like wtf! How can you mix public education science with GOD. She was nuts.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Shoe-Fetishist (had his own collection)
former underwear model (never found the pics)
and he literally had every lesson memorized.. like, one time, he actually forgot that we had switched with another class so he held the same exact lesson again. same jokes in the same places and everything.. (also, his jokes were so weird that they were actually kinda funny)

edit: he was one of the smartest dudes i ever met though..
Quote by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
Last edited by CrazyMatt at Mar 13, 2014,
North American geography teacher 2nd year of college.

1. Warned that the front row was the splash zone and you would be spit on. He spit on purpose when he talked to prove his point.

2. Would pretend to be possessed by aliens, demons, and students in the room. He would point out the student in a demonic voice.

3. Spelled words wrong on the board on purpose as well as writing random letters backwards.

4. Always ripped on Australia for sucking.

5. Before every test he held the tests under his arm, clapped 3 times, and walked across the room.

6. Always made fun of Jefferson Country in Missouri for being a hick town, slapping his knee and laughing like a hillbilly every time anything remotely bumpkin like popped up.

7. If you opened a laptop he would run to his computer yelling "YOU PLAY WORLD OF WARCRAFT?! I HAVE A LEVEL 65 PALADIN!"

Was the greatest teacher I ever had and his crazy shenanigans helped me remember random things I would normally forget and made me always want to show up for class because it was fun.
Quote by DukeDeRox
psycho stuff

Sounds amusing, but equally dangerous lol
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by zackk

Edit: checked your profile and location. Definitely the same guy.

DAFUUUUQQQQQ

YOU LIVED IN BUTTCRACK, VA TOO

MR. GILES IS A BRO

YOU GO TO UVA-WISE

WAAAAAAAAAATTTTTT

You probably went to Kelly. I started as a freshman the year Pound and Wise consolidated. You may remember (Or even know) This Guy who goes to UVA-Wise right now and, in fact, is my brother and used to be a reugular on GG&A

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Last edited by S0n1c '97 at Mar 13, 2014,
Quote by eGraham
Sounds amusing, but equally dangerous lol

He was beyond amusing I had a legit psycho teacher for my 300 level US History. He was from Ireland and apparently shot by a British paratrooper. Also he has a Glock and if you don't believe him he would say, "I have a gun, you don't think I do? I have a Glock 8324u59823"

Dude hated Republicans with a passion doe. He was let go last I heard.
Quote by S0n1c '97
DAFUUUUQQQQQ

YOU LIVED IN BUTTCRACK, VA TOO

MR. GILES IS A BRO

YOU GO TO UVA-WISE

WAAAAAAAAAATTTTTT

You probably went to Kelly. I started as a freshman the year Pound and Wise consolidated. You may remember (Or even know) This Guy who goes to UVA-Wise right now and, in fact, is my brother and used to be a reugular on GG&A

You are correct. I didn't think there was any other person that the man you described could be lol.
Quote by zackk
You are correct. I didn't think there was any other person that the man you described could be lol.

Nahhhh. Giles is just Giles.... Especially since he chooses favorites and, since I'm a ginger, and he's a ginger, I was one of them >_>

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
I had this Biology/Anatomy teacher. He was fine at first, really into conspiracy theories. Then suddenly, he disappeared for about 4 months. When he came back he told his classes he was abducted by aliens, and that he could read peoples' minds. Also that he found evidence that the government had Tupac and Kurt Cobain killed.

My physics teacher told me later that my Bio teacher's dad died, so I think he just snapped
My Latin teacher junior and senior year of high school was an interesting guy. He had never been a teacher before, but he had been some kind of lawyer, but was apparently obligated to move away from the East Coast and find a low profile job. So he didn't really take being a teacher that seriously, and would often just talk about whatever he wanted, which was usually some kind of Catholic/Republican tirade. Sometimes when we didn't want to do translations someone would just raise his hand at the beginning of the class and say, "I don't get why FDR was such a bad president." And then no translations.

Anyway, the weird thing about him was that he would constantly get phone calls/texts from his wife during class and answer them. And he would always eat his breakfast during class too, which was some kind of smoothie, which he would often complain about hating but say his wife makes him drink it.

Then after I graduated and my sister was in his class I found out that he's not from the East Coast and he didn't have a wife and that he had never been a lawyer. He just lied to about 11 or so of us (not many people in Latin 3 and 4) for two years for shits and giggles. I wonder who the **** was always calling him then.
Listen. I'm sorry.
Quote by vilk
My Latin teacher junior and senior year of high school was an interesting guy. He had never been a teacher before, but he had been some kind of lawyer, but was apparently obligated to move away from the East Coast and find a low profile job. So he didn't really take being a teacher that seriously, and would often just talk about whatever he wanted, which was usually some kind of Catholic/Republican tirade. Sometimes when we didn't want to do translations someone would just raise his hand at the beginning of the class and say, "I don't get why FDR was such a bad president." And then no translations.

Anyway, the weird thing about him was that he would constantly get phone calls/texts from his wife during class and answer them. And he would always eat his breakfast during class too, which was some kind of smoothie, which he would often complain about hating but say his wife makes him drink it.

Then after I graduated and my sister was in his class I found out that he's not from the East Coast and he didn't have a wife and that he had never been a lawyer. He just lied to about 11 or so of us (not many people in Latin 3 and 4) for two years for shits and giggles. I wonder who the **** was always calling him then.

maybe he was gay and didn't mention it so as to not get fired
Had an English teacher in 9th and 10th grade who wore suits everyday. During Halloween he would wear casual clothes as his costume or dress as a stereotypical 70/80s punk rock fan.

He would advertise events during the morning announcements but rap it out.

One time he got so fed up of everyone showing up late to his class that he went on a rant. At the end of it everyone was pretty scared so he said we should all rewind and carry on. He then proceeded to do his entire rant backwards which included reverse slamming the door, throwing his papers down, and walking backwards. His speech was even gibberish.

The assignments he handed out had nothing to do with the books we were reading and were usually tedious. We were once reading a play and the characters were from Newfoundland. Despite them living somewhere else, I had to do a report on the Beothuk people. The play didn't mention anything about the Beothuk.

The guy was actually really intelligent and well respected in the school.
My one teacher at high school would:

always refer to money as 'potatoes'

offer money to the class if anyone got the questions right - but when he opened his wallet to hand out cash it would always be empty, so no cash bonus.

would dismiss the class by saying "Get out of my house!". Sometimes he would add 'yo niggas' at the end.

I can't remember what he was saying to the class the one day. but his closing statement was "I'm the white man and y'all the niggas." We were all very confused.

Would sing the theme song to the children's show 'CatDog'.

Was such a funny dude.
Page 1 of 2