Hello everyone this is my first time posting on these forums but anyway i got a problem well to start my Gear: Schecter Gryphon With Bill Lawrance L500XL "B&B Wilde" Version and a Randall RH100 G2 anyway now the Problem is that i changed the pickups there 100% Installed correctly and i change the strings after i installed the pickups and when i play my guitar i hear a kinda Metallic/Metal sounds like not "Heavy Metal" but Like "Playing a guitar with a penny kinda sound :P i adjusted the bridge several times and adjusted the pickups and well i'm ruining out of ideas as to why am i having this problem so any suggestions will be awesome because i'm stumped and btw i have a "Dime Razor Back" and it sounds perfect ruining threw my amp so its not the amp but anyway please leave any tips or suggestions. Thanks
It is difficult to diagnose a problem with only a description of a sound, but from what you described, it seems likely that the bridge saddles are the culprit. Are the strings properly centered in the string saddles? Are the saddles too loose? IIRC, that one has no tailpiece, but instead uses strings through the body. If so, are the metal ferrules properly seated - or perhaps missing, as they do occasionally fall out?

You might also want to check to see if the nut has become loose, too.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I'm having a similar problem - my LPJ makes a ringing noise when I play fast songs like Battery on the low strings. Happened after I restrung it, also upping the string gauge from whatever it came with (10s?) to 11s.
Same thing? (ps. not intending to threadjack, sorry if it seems that way)
When i changed the pickups i put the same string size back on and i bought it used from Guitar Center so I'm guessing the had everything setup right because i just changed the strings and it started sounding like that and thats when i started adjusting the height on the bridge.
Did you just put new strings on? Sometimes it takes a while for new strings to break in and lose that tinny metallic sound.

You might also need to raise your action.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by FatalGear41
It is difficult to diagnose a problem with only a description of a sound, but from what you described, it seems likely that the bridge saddles are the culprit. Are the strings properly centered in the string saddles? Are the saddles too loose? IIRC, that one has no tailpiece, but instead uses strings through the body. If so, are the metal ferrules properly seated - or perhaps missing, as they do occasionally fall out?

You might also want to check to see if the nut has become loose, too.

I think is has something to do with the Bridge too when i turn off my amp and pluck/pick the low E "6 String" i hear kinda a ringing sensation any more ideas and thanks btw :P
Quote by Offworld92
Did you just put new strings on? Sometimes it takes a while for new strings to break in and lose that tinny metallic sound.

You might also need to raise your action.

Yup i think its the strings aswell now because i had them on for a week or less so yeah but thanks guys for the help
Man, just take it to a tech... I tried to fix a similar problem and I just didn't have the brains apparently. Finally went to a tech and they fixed it in 2 seconds flat.