Spent a whole day watching live videos of Metal Gods by Judas Priest and noticed that all the tabs here for it weren't accurate, especially the main riff which is the foundation of the whole song, so I tabbed it out in hopes to have a good tab here.

I know tabs aren't supposed to have minor corrections, this didn't, it was tabbed from scratch and every section is different from the other tabs, there aren't many versions of this song either so I guess I don't understand.

Also it says not to upload a tab that has been done before and has good feedback unless you can prove it wrong and I can, so how do I go about that?

I'm not trying to be arrogant or anything but I'm just annoyed after spending so much time on it, I wouldn't have tabbed it if it wasn't a significant improvement.

Edit: Had to remove tab attachment to put it here https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32444868&postcount=4531
Last edited by costellometal at Mar 15, 2014,
Quote by costellometal
Spent a whole day watching live videos of Metal Gods by Judas Priest and noticed that all the tabs here for it weren't accurate, especially the main riff which is the foundation of the whole song, so I tabbed it out in hopes to have a good tab here.

I know tabs aren't supposed to have minor corrections, this didn't, it was tabbed from scratch and every section is different from the other tabs, there aren't many versions of this song either so I guess I don't understand.

Also it says not to upload a tab that has been done before and has good feedback unless you can prove it wrong and I can, so how do I go about that?

I'm not trying to be arrogant or anything but I'm just annoyed after spending so much time on it, I wouldn't have tabbed it if it wasn't a significant improvement.

I've sent you a P.M (private message)...
If I were you I would submit your tab to another website like guitar tab explorer and others of which there are many.. It is a lot easier to submit tab there and other guitar websites... And when someone does a search they will find it... When I look for tabs I do a google search and it brings up many sites that have the guitar tab I need and are not at this site and are more accurate.....and also they don't mess around with all this having to pay or join to see certain tabs...they are all free....and they don't use that stupid guitar pro crap... You see all the tabs immediately and don't need to upgrade or pay for certain features to see the tab..
So submit your tab there... That way if this site doesn't accept it another will and it will definitely be seen by people who will appreciate it...

This site within the last week has made changes that have affected at least 2 or more things I used to be able to do and it sucks...
1. Can no longer even see my BLOG anymore on my computer
2. Changed the SUBMIT TAB format and now that is all messed up when trying to preview your tab before submitting them
Last edited by DON CZARSKI at Mar 19, 2014,
Quote by DON CZARSKI
If I were you I would submit your tab to another website like guitar tab explorer and others of which there are many.. It is a lot easier to submit tab there and other guitar websites... And when someone does a search they will find it... When I look for tabs I do a google search and it brings up many sites that have the guitar tab I need and are not at this site and are more accurate.....and also they don't mess around with all this having to pay or join to see certain tabs...they are all free....and they don't use that stupid guitar pro crap... You see all the tabs immediately and don't need to upgrade or pay for certain features to see the tab..
So submit your tab there... That way if this site doesn't accept it another will and it will definitely be seen by people who will appreciate it...

This site within the last week has made changes that have affected at least 3 or more things I used to be able to do and it sucks...
1. Can no longer even see my BLOG anymore on my computer
2. Changed the SUBMIT TAB format and now that is all messed up when trying to preview your tab before submitting
3. Can no longer see TABS IN QUEUE anymore...

And I am sure there will be more bad things that occur because some genius that has too much time on their hands wants to change things that don't need changing..
Also, if you notice people submitting tabs is half of what normally has been submitted since these changes have occurred.
This might help?... http://tomarayascream.com/
Brand new user here. I had a similar experience. I can understand, being as it's my first time to submit, if I made a mistake with the tab--even though many of U-G's tabs for the same song are totally off. But I was never given any explanation for why my tab was rejected. I spent a couple hours or so getting the tab right, making a user account and submitting it. It seems like someone could have taken the 30 seconds to give me some statement of what was wrong.