I have a polytune on my board and it works great for fast tuning in a band with good visibility.

I'm looking for a tuner to use mostly for intonation. Just want something more accurate than my polytune for that. Headstock/pocket/pedal tuner. As long as it tunes accurate. Doesn't have to be that durable since it will probably never leave the house and used sparingly.

I see used Turbo Tuners for 100 bucks. Is there anything more/as accurate for less money? If I go that route I guess It might as well replace my polytune
I like the Snark headstock tuners.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
almost any modern tuner will do the job, they are all measured within +/-.5 cent of true tuning.

If you really need a $$$$ tuner, Peterson can't be beat IMO
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by cheesefries
I have a polytune on my board and it works great for fast tuning in a band with good visibility.

I'm looking for a tuner to use mostly for intonation. Just want something more accurate than my polytune for that. Headstock/pocket/pedal tuner. As long as it tunes accurate. Doesn't have to be that durable since it will probably never leave the house and used sparingly.

I see used Turbo Tuners for 100 bucks. Is there anything more/as accurate for less money? If I go that route I guess It might as well replace my polytune

nope. turbo tuner is the most accurate tuner on the market. and it's priced very reasonably.
the +/-.5 cent i'm fine with for regular tuning but I saw a video on YouTube where the TurboTuner with the +/-.2 cent just killed the polytune.

I guess what I'm asking is if there is a +/-.2 cent tuner out there cheaper than a TurboTuner. I don't like the idea of setting intonation with a +/-.5 cent tuner when I can get something more accurate.

http://youtu.be/AGC45f9uiQU
Last edited by cheesefries at Mar 14, 2014,
Quote by cheesefries
the +/-.5 cent i'm fine with for regular tuning but I saw a video on YouTube where the TurboTuner with the +/-.2 cent just killed the polytune.

I guess what I'm asking is if there is a +/-.2 cent tuner out there cheaper than a TurboTuner. I don't like the idea of setting intonation with a +/-.5 cent tuner when I can get something more accurate.

turbo tuner is +-0.02.

and no, there isn't a cheaper option.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
turbo tuner is +-0.02.

and no, there isn't a cheaper option.

ah damn.

Time to start placing ebay bids
Quote by Reages
PolyTune 2 has +/-0.1 cent accuracy.

wow you are definitely right. And I've been using that mode all along.

I might just be making a fuss over nuttin. tuner GAS is all it is. Must suppress it.
I've been turning my tone knob all the way down and using the neck pickup when tuning; it removes the overtones and leaves the fundamental note. I can get right in tune pretty quickly doing that.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.