Hey peeps whats happening? I hate to bug ya on the oldest issue in the book but I have to to try and save some $$$. I have just bought a bran new Schecter c-1 Platinum. It is essentially the same thing as the Damien Elite. It does NOT have the floyd rose style trem on it. Standard Tune o matic bridge. Dudes I am haveing CRAZY fret buzz problems, I have owned guitars for quite a few years and I have tried everything conventional. The guitar came out of the box with a very straight truss rod. It came stock with ernie ball 10-46 strings on er. The guitar is a 25.5 scale length... which is fender length I believe... anyway. It buzzed outa the box, I tried slightly bigger strings (dunlop 10-48) because I like drop C tuning, but I don't always like enormous strings. Anyway the buzz just continued on so first things first, I messed with the action... which out of the box was higher than I like. I am not a super low action player because I like harmonics and I feel like they come out better with slightly higher action. So that takes care of action... no effect. Step 2. I gave that perfectly straight neck some relief, slowly more and more everyday... NOT effect at all. In fact after a bit the buzz got WORSE... okay truss rod taken care of... I tried using super big strings... Earnie ball beefy slinkys.... 11-54 (OUCH HUGE PIECES OF METAL ON MY FINGERS!) I was told to try that from a local store to help with buzz... so bigger strings, no effects. The frets seeem very proper, no dead notes anywhere on the guitar so it cannot be that... The buzzing is across the ENTIRE FRET BOARD, not just one area so I know it is not un even frets. Is it the nut? The low E string rattles a bit when played open but the other strings do not. Does anyone else own this guitar and have the same issue? I emailed Schecter and they did not respond. Lemme know what ya'll think... thanks.
Quote by glytch5
Hey peeps whats happening? I hate to bug ya on the oldest issue in the book but I have to to try and save some $$$. I have just bought a bran new Schecter c-1 Platinum. It is essentially the same thing as the Damien Elite. It does NOT have the floyd rose style trem on it. Standard Tune o matic bridge. Dudes I am haveing CRAZY fret buzz problems, I have owned guitars for quite a few years and I have tried everything conventional. The guitar came out of the box with a very straight truss rod. It came stock with ernie ball 10-46 strings on er. The guitar is a 25.5 scale length... which is fender length I believe... anyway. It buzzed outa the box, I tried slightly bigger strings (dunlop 10-48) because I like drop C tuning, but I don't always like enormous strings. Anyway the buzz just continued on so first things first, I messed with the action... which out of the box was higher than I like. I am not a super low action player because I like harmonics and I feel like they come out better with slightly higher action. So that takes care of action... no effect. Step 2. I gave that perfectly straight neck some relief, slowly more and more everyday... NOT effect at all. In fact after a bit the buzz got WORSE... okay truss rod taken care of... I tried using super big strings... Earnie ball beefy slinkys.... 11-54 (OUCH HUGE PIECES OF METAL ON MY FINGERS!) I was told to try that from a local store to help with buzz... so bigger strings, no effects. The frets seeem very proper, no dead notes anywhere on the guitar so it cannot be that... The buzzing is across the ENTIRE FRET BOARD, not just one area so I know it is not un even frets. Is it the nut? The low E string rattles a bit when played open but the other strings do not. Does anyone else own this guitar and have the same issue? I emailed Schecter and they did not respond. Lemme know what ya'll think... thanks.

/wall of text. use enter. its much easier to go through.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Rewrite that nonsense. Pretend your post is something you would turn in to your English teacher and not a series of imbecilic text messages.
is english your first language?

if not i understand that just do your best, but i have a feeling that isn't the scenario.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Sounds as though the nut is not cut for the gauge you are using.
If the neck has a bit of relief and the action is set as you like there are only a couple of alternatives:

Neck is warped
Frets are not even
Nut is not properly cut
I'd take it to the store where i bought it and ask them to either solve the problem or give me a new guitar.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
My first post on here dudes, sorry you think it is such a mess.

I was trying to make sure I lay all the details out there.

The nut may not be cut out for the size strings I am using, but I have tried 3 different
gauges, lighter and bigger. I figured this would cause the strings to sit higher on sections of the nut where it is not cut out enough, hence changing the string height on the nut.

Would a low nut cause fretted buzz along the whole fret board? I am beginning to think this guitar is just cheaply made. I bought it bran new out of the box from Guitar Center I plan on bringing it there. I have a feeling they are simply going to hold onto it, re cut the nut Improperly, mess everything up and charge me a bunch of money.

-AngryHatter, a warped neck would be easy to tell right?
When the truss rod is fully straightened out as it was out of of the box the neck looked great. I relieved it a tiny bit to try and help with the buzz.
Last edited by glytch5 at Mar 15, 2014,
Just take it to a good tech (note: good).
It's time to bite the bullet and admit that either you have no idea what you're doing (I'm guessing that's true from the whole truss rod procedure) or the guitar is completely screwed up.

I use Gary Brawer in San Francisco.
Most of the "techs" that haunt Guitar Denter are knuckle-draggers, with a few exceptions.

Where are you located?
I'm located Rochester Ny. I gave up guys. I took the Schecter C-1 platinum back and bought a blue blackjack SLS.

Love this guitar, no buzz, great feel awesome sound.

Thanks for the help anyway... even though a couple of ya just flamed me for no reason.