Iko told me about parallel universes. Everything is arranged differently, but not so differently that you can't compare them to the real universe. He said they're like a man and a woman , instead of, let's say, a man and a chair.

Though sometimes, I feel more like a chair than a woman or a man. I don't know if that's another kind of parallel universe, or if that's considered a sinkhole. I don't know what the real universe is anyway. How can you tell?

Am I real? Is this what I look like?

What do I look like? Will you tell me?

Are you real?

You feel real. Sometimes, anyway.
Sometimes, though, you are surreal...

I rather like it.

Whether it's a sinkhole or a parallel universe, there is a place I switch to when I'm sad. Everyone there looks the same but I'm never really sure of what they're saying, or what I'm saying. I feel like I'm asleep, and like my setting will suddenly unravel into something entirely different - the way it does in a dream. It's not unfamiliar. In fact, it's very real. It seems like the only possible way to exist... until I wake up, confused, snatching at something I can't quite remember – and then it's lost, somewhere.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

This is a wonderful piece. I love how you consistently go back to the images of man and woman and chair in the first line.

Also, Neil de Grasse Tyson can clear up some of your questions in Cosmos

I like it a lot! Good thought invoking work
I'm sad because I feel like not understanding the Iko reference ruined this for me.
マリ「しあわっせはーあるいってこないだーからあるいってゆっくんだねーん 
いっちにっちいっぽみーかでさんぽ
 さーんぽすすんでにっほさっがるー 
じーんせいはっわんつー!ぱんち・・・

"Success is as dangerous as failure. Hope is as hollow as fear." - from Tao Te Ching

Thanks everyone. And 'parallel universe' was an image I wanted to use for the body going through different emotional states, but I wasn't sure I unfurled that one clearly.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I think you could hit this one harder. missing some rougher edges i think. Still beautiful idea. Might be one to try in some sort of more form-based poem? A vilanelle or something similar could give you a skeleton to hang the gorgeous idea on.