...to start giving guitar lessons?

I'd say I've got the basic theory down, (major and minor scales, chord construction, intervals, basic time sigs etc.) enough for what a beginner would need anyway.

As this is UG, I'm guessing there's plenty of guitar tutors here. Any stories, advice you could give? How do you teach?
First step of teaching is to buy a new amp
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
You'll actually find that most people in this section of UG no longer even play guitar
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by cha33 armstrong
You'll actually find that most people in this section of UG no longer even play guitar

We all play the piano now
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Incidentally, I live in the same city as you, and there is a lack of decent guitar teachers.

Typical Lincoln
Quote by angusfan16
We all play the piano now

Damn I thought we'd be taking up xylophone next, looks like im not in the loop anymore
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by TheRealHimself
How do you teach?

Trade secrets. Sorry mate.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by TheRealHimself
P-please...?

You'll have to take teaching lessons I'm afraid.

I can't just give away this stuff for free.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by TheRealHimself
As this is UG, I'm guessing there's plenty of guitar tutors here. Any stories, advice you could give? How do you teach?

You aren't ready to teach if you don't know where to begin in the first place. Offer free lessons and get your experience that way. Otherwise, you'll be clueless and the people paying you good money will start to notice.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
tbh I taught a friend's brother after like a couple of years playing and it was fine. Like I think you have to be honest with yourself and the student and know when to suggest they move on, but for the very basic stuff, I don't think you need to have been at it for twenty years or whatever.
Try spamming every corner of the internet like Tom Hess

Actually... no... DON'T do that.

We do not need another Tom Hess.
Care you must not, practice you will.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by TheRealHimself
...to start giving guitar lessons?

I'd say I've got the basic theory down, (major and minor scales, chord construction, intervals, basic time sigs etc.) enough for what a beginner would need anyway.

The question you need to ask is simply can I teach someone music? You must be a good teacher. The guy who teaches those Asian girls to play Paganini doesnt play guitar, but hes an amazing teacher. You just need to be able to teach someone knowledge they do not know.