Hi y'all. It is with a sad heart that I might have to get rid of a beautiful Sunburst Epiphone acoustic because I need money for bills and going to school.

I don't want to go in to guitar center or some place because I feel like they will rip me off and when I go there the guy was just ruuuude to me.

So im turning to you guys here for help,
Its an Epiphone, sunburst, acoustic, in pretty good condition except for very minor wear and tear, its a PR 200 VS and the serial code is EA 03055580

It was given to me and rarely used
Last edited by hawkgirl at Mar 15, 2014,
Go to E-Bay and see what the current value is for that. That'll give you a basis idea as to what the value is for it, okay ?
Quote by Battery Chicken
The thing with Epiphones is they look great but generally sound not so great.

Your really good to be able to say that without even hearing it
Quote by hawkgirl
...[ ].....I don't want to go in to guitar center or some place because I feel like they will rip me off and when I go there the guy was just ruuuude to me.

So im turning to you guys here for help,
Its an Epiphone, sunburst, acoustic, in pretty good condition except for very minor wear and tear, its a PR 200 VS and the serial code is EA 03055580

Here's a site with full specs on the guitar you have: http://epiphonewiki.com/index.php/PR-Series#PR-200

OK, so it may be pretty, but in reality, it's a laminated top, Asian built, mass produced instrument.

Most of these don't have good resale values, they're meant to learn on, be played, and enjoyed for what they are.

This is why you may have thought the salesman was, "ruuuude". Most likely, his idea of the value, and your appraisal, were miles apart.

There are some exceptions exceptions to the lack of collectable value in Asian guitars. But, the most likely of these would be some high end pieces, built on the Japanese mainland, decades ago.

In any event, selling the guitar won't spot you a credit hour in college today. Why don't you keep it? You might have fun learning to play. Besides, it might help to keep you in your dorm, off the streets, and out of trouble.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Mar 16, 2014,