I am putting together a new guitar setup and trying to determine what switcher to use. I'm not against a VooDoo lab GCX or Rocktron patchmate, but since I am not a full time pro i'd rather save a buck or two if I can.

I have attached a diagram to help describe what I want to do.

The diagram show the setup using a joyo pl8, only because it is a simple, cheap pedal switcher, the actual brand/model could change. I am really trying to determine if I can do what I want with this type of switcher or if I need something more advanced such as the GCX.

My goals is to have a setup that can do this:
1. A couple of pedals and the 'pre effects' of the Line 6 m13 at the front end of the signal
2. Switch between 2 pre amps
3. Parallel effects loop with the post loop m13 and a g major-2
4. Left / Right wet signals
5. Dry center signal.

I understand that I would need to tap dance a bit with this setup, but that doesn't bother me too much. I am really going for versatility and signal quality. If you have any thoughts on why this wouldn't work or see any holes, please let me know.

Thanks.
Attachments:
GuitarRoutingDiagram.pdf
there may be some small tweaks you need to make

but at the same time i don't completely understand your intentions, i know how i'd route it but your preferences and schemes are probably quite different from mine so this might be exactly what you'd want.

i am a bit puzzled by the wet and dry signals in loop 6. i observe the signals will all be the same (at that point in the chain) but the destinations of the signals is where they derive their name?

this setup is a bit convoluted, but it seems it should work they way you want
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Mar 15, 2014,
Quote by gumbilicious
there may be some small tweaks you need to make

but at the same time i don't completely understand your intentions, i know how i'd route it but your preferences and schemes are probably quite different from mine so this might be exactly what you'd want.

i am a bit puzzled by the wet and dry signals in loop 6. i observe the signals will all be the same (at that point in the chain) but the destinations of the signals is where they derive their name?

this setup is a bit convoluted, but it seems it should work they way you want

The intentions are to end up with a wet signal that is stereo and a mono dry signal. What at the 'small tweaks'?
Quote by lkool
The intentions are to end up with a wet signal that is stereo and a mono dry signal. What at the 'small tweaks'?

it's mainly details stuff i am referring too. there is lots of different small things that can be done depending on the specifics of your end goals. there are many ways of going about what you are doing, your approach is sufficient for the general goal though.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae