I wasn't going to do a NGD on this one as it was just a Craigslist steal to flip real quick, but it actually has a bridge that I have been curious about for a long time, so I'll just say a quick bit on that.

Ibanez RG320DXQM

This thing was in really bad shape when I got it. It had been sitting around for a very long time. The input jack was so corroded that it didn't even put out a signal. But that's what I live for. I had this thing in good condition in a couple of hours.

The bridge on this guy is the Edge Pro II.

The great thing that I love about the Edge Pro is that you don't need to cut off the ball end of your string to put it in. The ball end goes down into the bridge into this little cavity, where it sort of "locks", and then you lock the string in again as per usual with a small hex screw. This is a really great design that works beautifully for the Edge Pro.

Unfortunately, the Edge Pro II is not so well built. This thing goes out of tune after a few divebombs. Very bad. I haven't actually said this about any Ibanez trem before, even the Lo TRS II I used to have was pretty good in comparison. But the Edge Pro II is one to stay away from. I'm glad that this happened to pop up so I could actually see what this trem was about for myself.

As for how it plays: it's an Ibanez RG with a Wizard II. Pretty self explanatory. I cannot stand the Wizard II. So it's going.

One other thing to mention: this model has binding on the neck. And I love that. More Ibanezes need binding. It looks so much better than my RG520, especially with the sharktooth inlays, which are also pretty.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by evmac
HNGD!

What neck are you going for?

The most comfortable neck I've ever played to date is the "Thin U" on my LTD H-301. But the Wizard III on my S420 is pretty up there too. And whatever neck is on my RG520 is okay, I like it way more than I thought I would.

What I need in a neck is a consistent round curve. The Wizard II is basically the opposite of that, it is a very hard D shape. the shoulders are round, but the back of the neck is virtually flat. Flat necks like that make my hands hurt and cramp up real bad.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Funny, the Edge Pro II is said to generally be a decent quality piece of kit.

Perhaps yours is worn out. Luckily you can just retrofit a real Edge Pro.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Funny, the Edge Pro II is said to generally be a decent quality piece of kit.

Perhaps yours is worn out. Luckily you can just retrofit a real Edge Pro.

Yes that is very possible.

No way it's worth it to retrofit an Edge Pro. Not when you can easily get an RG1550 or RG1570 for $500 any day of the week.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
The input jack was so corroded that it didn't even put out a signal. But that's what I live for.

You live for input jacks that are so corroded that they don't even put out signals?

Whatever makes you get up in the morning, I guess.

Seriously, though, nice score
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think he meant that he lives for rescuing mistreated and abused guitars from bad homes and cleaning them up again

nice axe! the only ibby trem I have experience with is the edge III and I totally feel you on that neck style cramping your hand. I had an agile 8 string a few years ago that was very flat on the back. it was slightly thicker than ibby necks and I think it worked well since the fretboard was so much wider than normal, but on a normal sixer that would cramp the hell out of my hand.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by SYLrules88
I think he meant that he lives for rescuing mistreated and abused guitars from bad homes and cleaning them up again

i know that
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Offworld92
The most comfortable neck I've ever played to date is the "Thin U" on my LTD H-301. But the Wizard III on my S420 is pretty up there too. And whatever neck is on my RG520 is okay, I like it way more than I thought I would.

What I need in a neck is a consistent round curve. The Wizard II is basically the opposite of that, it is a very hard D shape. the shoulders are round, but the back of the neck is virtually flat. Flat necks like that make my hands hurt and cramp up real bad.

Yeah I had an Ibby with a W2 and I just couldn't get behind it. It was fine for solos but it just felt weird for rhythm work. The 3 is better but I personally like C shape necks
Not only Ibanez guitars, but more guitars (in general) need neck binding. IMHO, only a handful of guitars wouldn't look better with neck binding.

HNGD!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Dave_Mc
You live for input jacks that are so corroded that they don't even put out signals?

Whatever makes you get up in the morning, I guess.

Seriously, though, nice score

hurrr hurrrrrr

Quote by Linkerman
Not only Ibanez guitars, but more guitars (in general) need neck binding. IMHO, only a handful of guitars wouldn't look better with neck binding.

HNGD!

Yes exactly!

My LTD and my Epiphone both have binding. I really couldn't imagine them without it. The LTD even has full neck & headstock binding, and see through binding (or mahogany veneer binding, not sure) on the body. I love it.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Mar 17, 2014,
Quote by SYLrules88

Quote by Linkerman

Funnily enough I'm the opposite, I think binding can look weird on guitars which don't normally come with it.

Quote by Offworld92
hurrr hurrrrrr

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?