Im trying to transcribe this solo and can anyone tell me if this is fingertapping from 1:21 to 1:28?
http://picosong.com/eRhf/

Seems to me its some thing like

e 14^9^6^9.......16^9^6^9 etc

and the ending note with the strong vibrate is e string 11th fret i think (D#)
could be. sounds like the tapping (if it is tapping) doesn't start until more like 1:23 or 1:24, though.

EDIT: what is it, anyway? sounds pretty good.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

EDIT: what is it, anyway? sounds pretty good.

Its one of Faraz Anwar's guitar solos, hes an excellent guitarist from Pakistan.

Im just confused whether its tapping or something like the marty friedman fast lick in tornado souls which also sounds like tapping.
Sounds like the lick that you identified is played on multiple strings and not tapped. I have to agree that I'm only hearing a tapping at 1:23.
Yes there is some there from 1:23 but it's not purely tapping - just a few bars with picked notes here and there. Around that part that goes like

Good guitarists usually have their pick readily available and switch quickly
Quote by fanapathy
Yes there is some there from 1:23 but it's not purely tapping - just a few bars with picked notes here and there. Around that part that goes like

Good guitarists usually have their pick readily available and switch quickly

I just cant get the sequence right. I think its something like this:

I kind of improvise on this and then just end up with a strong vibrato on the 11th fret. seems ok?
Quote by danyal92
Its one of Faraz Anwar's guitar solos, hes an excellent guitarist from Pakistan.

Im just confused whether its tapping or something like the marty friedman fast lick in tornado souls which also sounds like tapping.

Thanks

And yeah a lot of the time it's hard to be sure. It could well be either. to my (useless) ears it kind of sounds too close to tapping not to be tapping, but at the same time not close enough to tapping to definitely be tapping, either. If that makes sense.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I haven't had a guitar in standard tuning since 2006. I wonder what chords they are? Isn't that a steve vai lick anyway? prob from the lydian augmented chord list maybe? I don't have a teacher. When I do he is going to be my best friend.
Last edited by batfink84 at Mar 18, 2014,