Hey guys, I just bought my first tube amp from Guitar Center today. It's a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III. I really like the amp, but the thing is, I didn't notice this when I was playing it at Guitar Center, but when I brought it up, I noticed that there was a very discernible hiss coming from the amp at certain notes being played. Like a very clear and sort of sharp rattle coming from the amp. I did a little Googling and found out that it might be the tubes are in need of replacement.

My question is this, if it is the tubes, will Guitar Center change it out for me without charging me for it? Because technically that is a faulty product that they sold me, right? Also, if it's not the tubes, would they fix it for me?

When I bought it (today), they told me there's a 30 day money back guarantee.
Could be your gitah.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Baby Joel
What you really need is a new amp.

Why do you say that? What's wrong with the one I have? I like the tone and Fenders tend to be pretty reliable from what I heard.

Also, it's not the guitar, I've heard this noise before and it's an amp noise. I remember hearing this noise on another amp I was trying out once and I was told it was probably the tubes. And my guitar sounds fine on my bedroom amp.
What you need is a new bedroom.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Nikon87
Why do you say that? What's wrong with the one I have? I like the tone and Fenders tend to be pretty reliable from what I heard.

Also, it's not the guitar, I've heard this noise before and it's an amp noise. I remember hearing this noise on another amp I was trying out once and I was told it was probably the tubes. And my guitar sounds fine on my bedroom amp.

Well, as an official non-representative of Guitar Center, I can tell you that literally no one here can help you. I would suggest that instead of asking strangers on an internet forum, you ask strangers at the guitar shop in question.
Might be electrical interferencesefces
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Yes, it's most likely a tube or two and no, GC probably won't replace them for you.

Tubes are a wear item, it's a used amp..

They will of course take it back, that's what the 30 day policy is for, but you got what you paid for. Buy some JJ preamp tubes and replace the ones in your amp, odds are your problem will go away.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I always thought 'Fender Hot Rod Deluxe' was the name of a really big, fat dildo.

Are you gay, TS?
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by Baby Joel
Well, as an official non-representative of Guitar Center, I can tell you that literally no one here can help you. I would suggest that instead of asking strangers on an internet forum, you ask strangers at the guitar shop in question.
Aren't forums still an avenue? Someone might google a similar question in the future and land on this.

Anyway you probably just unknowingly played the secret sequence of chords that summons a dead guitarist to guide you and he became trapped in the amp, which is known to cause a slight hissing sound.
I had the exact same problem when I bought my amp from guitar center. I called them up and told them the problem and they said "of course we will replace the tubes for you". So, I brought in my amp and they replaced the tubes for me with some brand new ones (unfortunately they didn't have the ones I wanted in stock but whatever)...

The only problem was that I still get the buzzing sounds and now I missed my 30 day window...

So yeah, call up GC and see what they will do for you but if it doesn't fix the problem, return the amp!

PS: Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?
Quote by i-dont-know-13
I had the exact same problem when I bought my amp from guitar center. I called them up and told them the problem and they said "of course we will replace the tubes for you". So, I brought in my amp and they replaced the tubes for me with some brand new ones (unfortunately they didn't have the ones I wanted in stock but whatever)...

The only problem was that I still get the buzzing sounds and now I missed my 30 day window...

So yeah, call up GC and see what they will do for you but if it doesn't fix the problem, return the amp!

plugging into an outlet that a computer charger or some other electric device is plugged into
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by Nikon87
I noticed that there was a very discernible hiss coming from the amp at certain notes being played. Like a very clear and sort of sharp rattle coming from the amp.

Sounds like there is a snake in your amp bro.
Last edited by cheesefries at Mar 16, 2014,
Quote by TunerAddict
plugging into an outlet that a computer charger or some other electric device is plugged into

nope, its the only thing in the plug...the reason I didn't take it back at first was because I thought it was the radiator rattling from the noise but its not. I've changed houses and rooms and outlets and guitars and it still makes the same noise.

Its not terrible and for the most part can go unnoticed but I want to get it fixed eventually...
yeah man, it's definitely your amp's flux capacitor. you should get that fixed pronto before you time-warp to 10,000 B.C. and get eaten by a sabertooth tiger
Quote by i-dont-know-13

Thank you!

I can't believe how many assholes replied to the thread.
What you need to get is orange colored paint. You just have to paint your amp orange, adn then it sounds just like an Orange amp. See?? Why waste your money?? Definitely everyone does agree that Orange amps will sound the best.
Listen. I'm sorry.
Quote by Masquirina
Aren't forums still an avenue? Someone might google a similar question in the future and land on this.

It would be a little wiser to ask a forum where there are people who play guitar.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Quote by Nikon87
Thank you!

Or you could have, y'know, posted it to the correct part of the site?

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
Quote by caeser1156
It would be a little wiser to ask a forum where there are people who play guitar.
At least here they can find advice straight from Vance of Vance Kitchens London.
Vance Guitar Kitchens for Sale and So Can YOU
Quote by Nikon87
Thank you!

Posting in "The Pit" expecting real answers = Stupid

Posting in the "Guitar Gear & Accessories" = Real Answers

You'll catch on young padawon.
Quote by cheesefries

I laughed at this more than I should have.
Quote by Venice King
Snatch is such a crude term - Use a better one like axe-wound or cave-opening.

Gear:
Ibanez ART300
Roland Cube 20X

I make trip-hop
https://soundcloud.com/chris-thomas-214
^ Check it out
Just replace the tubes yourself. They wear over time. It's like buying a used car - you really should give it an oil change when you buy it, just like you should change the tubes on any used tube amp.
Quote by cheesefries

i was going to make that joke

stealing my thunder
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by Nikon87
Thank you!

You are posting in the wrong section. you are a member since 2007 and don't know the pit is full of sarcasm?

you are an idiot. if that makes me an asshole, so be it
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Might be the tubes/reverb tank rattling around. Make sure they are seated correctly.

EDIT: Oh wait we're doing non serious answers? Hey err TS, what you need a new amp hahaha that's funny right guys? it's humor.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Last edited by cliff_em_all at Mar 16, 2014,