So i've made my decision. I've been playing 25.5 scale super strat 6 & 7 string for a long time. However i might consider getting baritone in April. Mainly 26,5 Seven String Schecter since i believe schecter makes one of the coolest axes by design and quality. And yes active Pu Emg 85/81-7. Will baritone neck be hard to get used too? Never played anything longer than 25'5 or friends 24,75? When i was switching from 6 to 7 it was a small difference just?
It's not that big of a difference. An inch longer scale length isn't THAT noticeable.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
It will annoy you at first, but after a few weeks you’ll get used to it.
Quote by rockstar256
So i've made my decision. I've been playing 25.5 scale super strat 6 & 7 string for a long time. However i might consider getting baritone in April. Mainly 26,5 Seven String Schecter

Schecters are fine guitars.

26.5 is stretching to call it baritone; most are 27-28". You're really not going to see much of a difference (there are 27" standard tuning guitars out there) in playability. In short, no big deal.

You might want to review the Agile Septor Elite 728 EB DNC, a 7-string with a 28.625" scale (Duncan Blackouts, ebony fretboard, etc.) http://www.rondomusic.com/septorelt728ebdnccharcoal1.html

And if you're looking for something different, check out the multi-scale guitars, including the Agile Pendulum Pro 72527 (25.5" scale on the treble end of things, 27" scale on the low end) http://www.rondomusic.com/pendpro72527ebcaocnburst.html and the Intrepid Pro 72730 with a 27" scale on the high end, and a 30" (!) scale on the low end of things: http://www.rondomusic.com/INTRPRO72730ebcablueflm.html

You should be able to find reviews on these on sevenstring.org. Rondo Music seems to be well in front of the usual manufacturers in terms of extended-range guitars (ERGs).
If you have short pinky (like me) and your favourite scale is 24.75 (like me) some stretches are annoying. I can switch between different neck thickness without trouble but picking up my 27" scale 7 string is always a pain in the ass at first.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
I've got a Schecter Diamond Omen Extreme 7 and I can tell you, you will not notice the extra inch. They are really nice playing guitars. Less than £200 and all I did with mine was stick a set of blackouts in it and now it's pretty much on a par with a top end guitar.

EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Mar 16, 2014,
I head it is baritone neck. I known people say 27. But 05 inch wont do really ;P. So well im ginna try again in local shop one of these. I cant afford agile sinc it wont really ship cheap in EU
Have you tried one of those Jericho baritones? The 6 string is apparently 27" scale but it feels like a regular guitar. The guy from Guitar World did a video review of it and was loving it, ripping up and down it. The Architects were playing one when they came through town last week, sounded AMAZING
I have a 28" Gibson bari - the difference isn't that big and it "feels" almost like a regular guitar. If you've tried to play bass, the difference is quite big and you're not gonna hit the notes you want if you're only used to guitar. It's somewhere in between but the jump is probably smaller than you think and feels way closer to a guitar than bass, you'll probably get used to the scale pretty quick.
Quote by Guitar_Geezer
Have you tried one of those Jericho baritones? The 6 string is apparently 27" scale but it feels like a regular guitar. The guy from Guitar World did a video review of it and was loving it, ripping up and down it. The Architects were playing one when they came through town last week, sounded AMAZING

In europe we dont have such a thing :s