Two Notes Torpedo Reload Dynamic Experiment - WOS III Plugin Comparison to Mic'd Cab

Hi everybody Gonna repost a thread that I am posting on a few boards, for the sake of gaining as much input as possible.

I have recently acquired the new Two Notes Torpedo Reload, and have been using it in my home studio over the past month on various projects, from pre-pro with my own metal band to a hardcore EP which was released recently.

I wanted to make a simple recording/video experiment to A/B the Wall Of Sound III Plugins accuracy to that of a real live mic'd up cab through the re-amping process with the Reload. The amp I used for the video is my trusty Fryette Deliverance.

I chose this amp because of how dynamic the amp is in its response to just the adjustment of a volume knob on a guitar - being a single channel amp, it is designed to be incredibly dynamic to achieve a clean guitar tone with just the adjustment of a volume knob. I felt it was an important question to find out how the WOS III Plugin depicted this dynamic response, and if it was anywhere near accurate to how a live cab would (specifically, the matching Fryette Deliverance 4X12).

I have constructed this video, and I run through everything I use in the experiment, from my routing for the Reload to my own pedals and guitar equipment.

I did my very best to remove any slight chances of variables between the takes. This meant recording a DI and using the exact same DI's for re-amping straight into my DAW to be used with the WOS III Plugin and straight into a live cab.

All of the details are explained in the video, so here it is!

DISCLAIMER: Some of the parts in this video have both drums and bass guitar in the mix - not the entire thing, but just for the sake of the video. I did not worry about making them as awesome sounding as possible, but to instead let your focus remain on the guitar parts.

Two Notes Torpedo Reload - Fryette Deliverance Experiment

I have come to my own conclusions between everything, but before I blab on about them, what do you think?
That was nice but I think you missed the point a bit: I think you should have done a couple of single tracked A/B comparison with clean and then distorted guitars.

There, there's mostly too much distorted riffs and only a couple (bit unclear) guitar-only parts.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
That was nice but I think you missed the point a bit: I think you should have done a couple of single tracked A/B comparison with clean and then distorted guitars.

There, there's mostly too much distorted riffs and only a couple (bit unclear) guitar-only parts.

Thank you for the constructive criticism! I appreciate the input, I know there is always room for improvement.

I can post iso tracks of everything in the video, in the full versions (not just the cut clips, as I do realize some of them are very short). Would that be beneficial at all for any further understanding?

I feel that this experiment was relatively successful with the analysis of the amps dynamics. The WOS III plugin wasn't NEARLY as loud as the live amp on the "clean" sections. It just could not replicate the headroom as well on the clean parts. I feel that these clean sections need to be taken with a grain of salt though, as this amp does NOT have an independent clean channel, just a "less gain" setting. Am I out to lunch with this understanding?