Hello all,

I'm about to order a new set of tubes for my TH and was wondering where the PI sits in the preamp section of the amp.

I'm informed that it is the one closest to the input of the amp; however, given that all three preamps sit directly under the amp's inputs, I am unsure which one it is.

It is a 2002 model if that helps.

Thank you!
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
the manual should tell you which one is the phase inverter. but generally the phase inverter is the last preamp tube before the powertubes. (unless perhaps there is a tube rectifier, tube reverb, or something else. then im not sure.)
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Hey, thank you; don't have the manual but I will look one up - there's a rectifier tube but it's on the opposite end of the power and preamp tube sections.

Any other thoughts?
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
i tried to look up the manual too. had no luck. hopefully you will be able to find it. but yes, in every amp i have owned personally, the phase inverter has always been the very last preamp tube before you get to power tubes. however, if the tubes arent all in a straight line, then i dont know what to tell you haha.
if you cant get a better answer, im sure you can shoot an email to the company, i have always had good luck getting info from companies.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Should be the 12AX7 closest to the power tubes (EL84).
Why do you want to know anyway?

I mean, if that's because you want to put a different tube than in the preamp gain stages and you're unsure of where it sits you can just try the three possible combinations and see how you like it best.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Thank you guys!
Quote by NeverMeant