I think the neck of my acoustic is bent as the G string is lower than the rest (only just noticed don't know if it was like this before changing strings) and it looks a little bent up when I look down it.

Should I try and tighten to truss rod or is that a bad idea. And is it the saddle causing th G to be to low.
It is far more likely to be a problem with the saddle than with the neck itself. Have a tech look at your bridge. Replacing the bridge blade (it is usually a blade in an acoustic bass) is a hell of a lot easier and cheaper than screwing around with the neck.

At any rate, it is probably not a neck problem at all. Necks are a lot more stable than a great many people seem to think.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Is there any need to fix it I mean if anything it's easier to reach the g being lower down by about 1.5 mm than the E
Takamine g series Jumbo one don't remember exact model was about 360 pound I think when I got it.
Quote by BassBen93
Is there any need to fix it I mean if anything it's easier to reach the g being lower down by about 1.5 mm than the E

Well; the intonation, balance between notes, and playability of the instrument depend on the various components being in the proper relation to one another. That being said, while one aspect of your bass may seem to have been improved, it may very well be that some other aspect(s) have been diminished. I would have it set up properly if I were you.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I will when I get money. For now it doesn't seem like something overly important.
I checked the open notes to the fretted octave at 12 and the harmonic are all correct so maybe it was set up ok originally? I don't know though it doesn't affect my playing and the bass sounds in tune wherever I play. It's only a little lower at the saddle end than the other strings anyway because the way the saddle is made with a curve.
Dang Bass Ben. It is your Pick up. You said on the other post that the pickup stopped working after it (being an assembly beneath your bridge) came apart.

Something admittedly has happened at the foundation of your Bridge. Do not look at the neck at all until that is addressed.
Ibanez BTB 1006 Fretless and 405 (no Barts)
456 & 455(w/Barts)
Genz Benz NeoX400 112T & NeoX 112T cab.
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Boss: SYB-5, PS-2, OD-20, EQ-20, PH-3,BF-3, CE-20, DD-20
Morely A/B
Sliide is possibly right and you need to get someone to check that out if you are not sure.

However adjusting your truss rod is something worth learning if you want to keep a good action and the intonation true. Necks bend slightly just by changing to different strings as well as to temperature and humidity changes. Necks shouldn't be perfectly straight but have a slight curve or relief so the strings clear the next fret down wherever they are fretted. A perfectly straight neck would have the string coming away at a sharper angle at the 22nd fret than at the first.

It's easy to check the neck relief with a capo. Capo the strings at the bottom fret nearest the bridge. then fret it at the first fret. the string should clear the 12th fret by a fraction of a millimetre. If the gap is more than this the neck is too bent, if it touches the truss rod is too tight.

Do an internet search for a how-to guide but

a. get the right tool for adjusting your truss rod.
b. only adjust a quarter turn at a time, then wait for a day to see if the neck has settled to the right relief, keep a record of what you did so you can adjust it back if you mess up.

Old truss rods seize sometimes if the bass hasn't regularly been checked, it might be worth having a professional set up done first then you know what you are aiming at and the pro will have released any problem s with the truss rod.
Quote by Phil Starr
Old truss rods seize sometimes if the bass hasn't regularly been checked, it might be worth having a professional set up done first then you know what you are aiming at and the pro will have released any problem s with the truss rod.

I've just had the truss rod on my relatively new G&L L2500 replaced by John Shuker (UK).
It was locked solid and as John said it is "shit or bust" and as expected it snapped when he tried to force it either way hence the replacement which as there wasn't a skunk stripe it meant a new fingerboard as well.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn