Hi UG, you may remember me from such recent NGD threads such as the one where I bought a Marshall DSL5C recently, and promised that there would be a reverb thread coming... so I present to you, reverb and more

I'll start with the reverb, it's a TC Electronics Hall of Fame, no stranger to most of the regulars at GG&A. It's versatile, the Toneprint feature is pretty nifty... individually, there's going to be an expensive pedal that will best this one in each regard. The spring reverb doesn't sound as good as a Malekko will. BUT. The spring reverb in this sounds awesome, as do the rest of the presets. If you don't want to buy 5-6 $200 reverb pedals, and just want one that does a really good job at each at a decent price, this is probably the best you can get. I tend to keep it on the "hall" setting, but you can get some awesome ambient sounds and some trippy stuff on the church and tile settings. I really have 0 complaints about this pedal. I feel bad that I don't seem to find negatives with things when I review them, but considering I don't buy stuff that I don't like, I guess that makes sense. I tried the mini HoF as well, and would definitely recommend it to someone who is playing an amp without a built-in reverb and would like a reverb knob.

Moving right along, the big, sexy, blue pedal is the TC Flashback X4, also should be pretty well known in these parts. Again, there will be a $200+ pedal for each type that will be a gradual improvement over this, of course. But, for this price point and the versatility it provides, I would not choose anything else. I've been looking to buy a delay pedal since 2007 and have tried an absolutely stupid amount of pedals in that time. I was pretty content with the Carbon Copy for a while, then decided I wanted something more versatile and with some longer settings, so started looking digital... almost settled on a Nova Delay and was perfectly happy to run with that, until I found this which does everything the Nova can do, has more presets AND a looper.

I could try and describe each delay but there are sound clips online for that, so I'll say this: I came home, took it out of the box, plugged it in, and played for hours and hours and lost all track of time, was nearly late for uni, came home and continued playing. This thing is a TON of fun. I can't single out a single delay type that I love the most, they're all pretty cool. The reverse is always fun, the Dynamic is great for soloing, the modulated delays give you some really lush sounds, the tape/space delays sound exactly as you'd expect, you can get some nice surf-y sounds with the slap... and that's all before switching over to the looper and having a ton of fun with that. Having the 4 button setup was the main reason I chose this over the regular Flashback, and it does make using the looper a lot easier. You can spend hours sitting down playing dual-guitar parts eg Iron Maiden, BFMV, etc, or doing ambient Frusciante/Edge/etc stuff. Again, the only complaint I have is that life is getting in the way of my guitar playing time. That and I now need to get a Pedaltrain Pro because my current board doesn't fit everything now.

Lastly, I picked up a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+ for $175AUD off Gumtree, saw a guy selling it and absolutely had to get it in preparation for new pedals, my poor 1-spot just has too many pedals on it and it's starting to get a bit noisy so this was a bit of a no-brainer. Not much to say about it, it's a power supply, does what it says on the box. The fact that it has a special plug for my Line 6 FM4 is pretty handy though.

I also traded my Maton MS502 for a PRS Tremonti SE, which I'm very happy about, and you can check that out over in the Electric Guitar forum.

Last edited by slickerthnsleek at Mar 17, 2014,
awesome! i have the PGS version andt he regular flashback and they compliment each other really well. you can layer them together and it molds into this 1 ambient effect

i would hav recommended the PGS version though, i love the 2 extra unique tones on the trinity, and it looks badass.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Nice! Kinda thinking about skipping a chorus pedal and just upgrading my Flashback to the X4 now. Love the sounds on mine, but I use the looper a lot and not being able to use any delay while the looper is engaged is kinda depressing. Don't use Chorus much, so I'd think lots of delays would get far more use
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Nice! Kinda thinking about skipping a chorus pedal and just upgrading my Flashback to the X4 now. Love the sounds on mine, but I use the looper a lot and not being able to use any delay while the looper is engaged is kinda depressing. Don't use Chorus much, so I'd think lots of delays would get far more use

Yeah, it's definitely a bonus being able to run them simultaneously. I feel like that's the main drawback of the Flashback, is that and the lack of tap tempo, and I feel like it's kinda hard to control a looper efficiently with only the one button.
Very good NGD, congratulations!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112