hey guys, so currently im using the tuner on my digitech rp500, it seemd ok at first, but lately I cant seem to stay In tune, im not sure what the deal is. when it says all my strings are in tune, it still sounds of out tune. any good tuners out there for a decent price? 100$ was the budget im looking for
The korg pitchblack and the GFS tuner are both pretty good on the cheap, though if you ask me it's unlikely that a digital unit "detuned" itself in time.

I'd rather check the tuning pegs and stuff.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
TC Electronics PolyTune is one of the best tuners in the market.

But are you sure that you're out of tune? What do you mean by "it still sounds out of tune"?
Isn't it possible that you're tuning to standard when you should be in a different tuning, like half-step down, for example?
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
when I play chords it sounds out of tune. im not playing along to anything, its just me. maybe my ears have changed? I can get it closer in tune with just doing it by ear than using the tuner, which is odd cause usually I cant tune by ear....yet ive been told I have a great ear wtf is wrong with me? do I get a new tuner?
Post clips, and get a hold of another tuner just to try and see if that gets your guitar in tune.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
How old are your strings and is the intonation correct?

I just picked up a Pitchblack + on eBay for cheap for what it's worth.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
That is more than likely your intonation
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
Quote by NateCochrane93
hey guys, so currently im using the tuner on my digitech rp500, it seemd ok at first, but lately I cant seem to stay In tune, im not sure what the deal is. when it says all my strings are in tune, it still sounds of out tune. any good tuners out there for a decent price? 100$ was the budget im looking for

If you're solely looking for tuner, $100 seems like it's over the top.

Granted, it's not an on board tuner and likely not even the same genre, I use one of those snark clip on tuners that stick to your guitar's headstock. I use it in my Classical and acoustic gear, and it works perfectly well for me, in music that has a tendency to be critical of out of tune chords.

The best part is that it's only ~$10 and just as portable.

Edit: dat typo
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Last edited by megano28 at Mar 18, 2014,
Does your guitar have a Floyd? If you changed string gauges and didn't adjust the Floyd then maybe you're pressing too hard when you chord or bending the strings slightly and engaging the trem?? Really guessing here if the strings and intonation are good. Is the neck warped? What kind of guitar are you using? Do you have another guitar to run through the tuner? Even something like a headstock tuner (Snark or something) would be useful to try and isolate the problem to your guitar or tuner/signal chain.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
If you have a smart phone, install a tuner app on it (gstrings is a good free one for android) and use that to test the accuracy of your rp500.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Man just download the gstrings app to your mobile... Very precise tuning app... Tune your guitar with the digitech and then check with the app...

I always use it and its ****ing perfection
if chording is out of tune, then it is your intonation.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.