Ok, I live in Sweden (if you don't don't where that is, its just a really big, cold IKEA warehouse) , and almost every time I get home to play my hands are freezing ****ing cold that no matter how much I warm up, sit on them, or hold a hot water bottle they the little ****ers refuse to thaw out...

I've been having difficulties with this ever since I moved here and started playing, but it's really getting to be a pain in the a-hole nowadays.. And I have 2 really important guitar school auditions within the next 2 weeks.

Do any other musicians struggle with this? And what do you think would help this?

Help would be hella appreciated.
Something that might help a little bit is wearing fingerless gloves to keep them a bit warmer, but I don't think it would make a world of difference to be honest.
I live in new york, so I have a similar issue, though not as extreme, and without the meatballs. I would reccomend bringing handwarmers with you, wearing gloves and just praying to the weather gods. There really isnt much you can do about it besides wear gloves when you go outside, sit near a heater and use a handwarmer when you get home.
2013 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
Lakewood Sungha Jung Signature
Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster
LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
MIA Fender Strat VG + MiJ Mustang
Martin D1 +Tayor 210e
Kremona Rondo TL Classical
Gretsch G5120
I, too, live in the land of the meatballs. My advice is to wash your hands in warm water (as warm as possible without burning your hands) for about 5 minutes before playing. Stretching your hands in the water can help as well.
This might seem ridiculous but it helps me out somewhat when my hands are deep-frozen.

Stand up straight, let your arms just hang in a relaxed manner. Now start making 'windmills' (English is not my native language and explaining this kind of stuff in a different language is pretty tough). Justy spin your arms in a 360 degree circle fron to back at high speed. Gravity will push blood to your hands. You can actually feel this happening - your hands will feel 'thick' with blood. Do it for a total of 3 x 10 seconds or so. The extra blood will increase your fingers' mobility and help them warm up a bit.

Also, pushups. They can help. Anything to get your heart pumping the blood around your body faster will benefit you.

Hope that kind of explains it to you.
Yeah
Quote by Timelimit
I, too, live in the land of the meatballs. My advice is to wash your hands in warm water (as warm as possible without burning your hands) for about 5 minutes before playing. Stretching your hands in the water can help as well.

The problem is that this will eventually not work any more and you will somehow have caused permanent damage by then. I used to work in a supermarket where the bread guy used to warm his hands with hot water after he had finished storing all the bread in the freezer, which normally took him about two hours or so.

The result? After years of washing his hands in warm water, his normal hand temperature plummeted, as if the nerves themselves 'forgot' how to warm up. In Dutch we say you have dead fingers (dooie vingers) if this affects you.
Yeah
Quote by TehDutchDude

The result? After years of washing his hands in warm water, his normal hand temperature plummeted, as if the nerves themselves 'forgot' how to warm up. In Dutch we say you have dead fingers (dooie vingers) if this affects you.

I've never heard about that

personally, my hands and feet get REALLY REALLY cold when the temperature gets lower (or if I there is artificial cold, like air conditioners, even if they're not set too low), and as far as I know it's because of my blood pressure and I've always been like that. I never heard about anyone losing their ability to warm up their hands