Page 1 of 2
Hey.

So my friend phoned me up today and told me that his Dad has being diagnosed with a terminal illness.

Not nice news, under normal circumstances. But, my friend does not actually see his Dad at all (hasn't seen him in months, visits him every now and again).

Now my friend is saying he won't be able to come on a snowboarding trip which we have had planned for four months. It's in 2 weeks time.

I just think that this is totally uncalled for. They're not close at all.

My question is - do you think I should say something to him? I think that he should pay me the money I've paid for the break because I don't want to go by myself, but I fear that I may annoy him if I don't let the dust settle.

Cheers.
The king stay the king
Wow you are a selfish douchebag aren't you.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Get yo paper back and hit the slopes with a real buddy who wont be selfish and side with his family amirite?
Whats goes around must come down
Quote by tp600
My question is - do you think I should say something to him?

I think you should say "lemon souffle with extra pizzazz" to him.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Arent you guy who cant drive
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Dude, you sound like a total asshole. Even if they aren't extremely close, IT'S HIS FATHER. It would be one thing if he completely hated his guts, but that's obviously not the case here.
Quote by cha33 armstrong

Wait this is the same guy who failed his driver's test 11 times? That's beautiful.
You can snowboard there, problem solved!

Ask someone else to go, go alone or be there for your friend and forget about it.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Ts, you're a penis glans. As stated before, you're probably mad because you won't be able to go there by car.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Find someone else to go with and help pay for it, is he your only friend? I wouldn't doubt it since you're more concerned about your deposit then your friend's dad.
It doesn't matter if he doesn't see him much, it's still his father and he obviously doesn't have a bad relationship with him if he's going to see him after the news.

TS sounds like an asshole.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
This can't be real.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Context: You're Canadian and not everyone else is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowboarding

geez man that wasn't hard.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by tp600
My question is - do you think I should say something to him?

Ya. You know, expressions of support - letting him know you're there for him, asking him what he needs from you to help him through what must be an incredibly difficult experience.

All you need to do is act like his friend. As opposed to, say, an immensely selfish cum stain.

Seriously man, you're friend's Dad is dying, and you're worrying about your snowboarding trip?
In the days of darkness men feared not the sword and the lance
Nor did he fear the beast of fire... He feared...
THE AXEMAN!!

The Earth is covered in ash and our lungs have filled with worms...
how much is the money, like $100? unless you're absolutely impoverished, let it slide.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Wow that is totally unreasonable and selfish.

Your friend should definitely pay you
No way this is real. If it is then your friend must be an a-hole too because no one would want to be your friend
Take his dad on the trip and say faQ to ya friend
Whats goes around must come down
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ski_Dubai

All I do is take the subway. I don't assume everyone else has slopes (indoor or otherwise) within driving distance. It was presumptuous of Thrash and I want him to apologize.

I would assume that if someone is going snowboarding then its probably within driving distance. (I count a 10 hour drive as within driving distance). Obviously that doesn't cover all cases, but I think its definitely true for the majority.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

You should cancel, get a refund, then spend the money failing your driving test 15 more times.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ski_Dubai

All I do is take the subway. I don't assume everyone else has slopes (indoor or otherwise) within driving distance. It was presumptuous of Thrash and I want him to apologize.

Sorry that you live in the middle east

in the first world we drive
Quote by tp600

My question is - do you think I should say something to him? I think that he should pay me the money I've paid for the break because I don't want to go by myself, but I fear that I may annoy him if I don't let the dust settle.

If you're asking the pit what to do in this situation, you have WAY bigger problems than not being able to go snowboarding.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 17, 2014,
Don't listen to these guys, you should definitely confront your so called "friend" about this because he's obviously pulling one over on you. So what if his pop is a little under the weather? Does that excuse him from his responsibilities? No way. For example, let's say you hit an old man riding a bicycle with your car during your driving test. Do you think that the instructor cares if your dad has a week to live?

If your friend blows you off, I would use some of the money your business earns and take him to court.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by Thrashtastic15

Sorry you can't afford to fly :/ In the normal world we don't drive for hours on end
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Sorry you can't afford to fly :/ In the normal world we don't drive for hours on end

Ya we do.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
maybe you can use that time to improve on your driving skills eh?

I would also suggest you work on not being a terrible human being
banned
Last edited by deadsmileyface at Mar 17, 2014,
Quote by Thrashtastic15

one could make a joke about the middle east and planes but it is too easy
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Mar 17, 2014,
Quote by Thrashtastic15
he needs his friend to get there

holy shit
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
Quote by deadsmileyface
maybe you can use that time to improve on your driving skills eh?

There's no hope for him he's a lost cause.
Page 1 of 2