I am going to be leveling my frets so i have been looking at some guitar tool i have from years back that i got with a used guitar and I have these 3 metal small blocks i am quite sure they are a measure tool for the fretboard does anyone know how you put them to use >? and could anyone tell me how do they compare with the new notched straightedge ? Its important I get the fretboard level but also them notched straightedge costs quite a bit of money for what it is .
Maybe if we could see what they look like we'd have a better idea of what they're for.

If you search YouTube for Sully's guitar garage, he has a video that'll show you how to make a notched straight edge very economically.
Quote by von Layzonfon
Maybe if we could see what they look like we'd have a better idea of what they're for.

If you search YouTube for Sully's guitar garage, he has a video that'll show you how to make a notched straight edge very economically.

Honestly i could take i picture but there's not much to see apart from 3 small metal cubes all the same size in width and height .
Quote by von Layzonfon
Maybe for something like this (second picture) then?

Also this was the vide I had in mind.

Yes thanks that is basically what it is I must say i have not seen this method used ever the 3 blocks , Do you think this is a very accurate way to use to level the fretboard out ?
Last edited by dazzzer30 at Mar 18, 2014,
I'm not massively experienced in fret levelling - just researched really - but no, I don't recall seeing that method. It's sound in principal, although it's obviously only sampling three points along the neck, whereas a notched edge will show you gaps along the entire neck.