Page 1 of 2
The Customer, The Competitors, The Corporation?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
with that user name this must be good.

edit:

and it certainly was.

wow such talent.

stop covering Galaxie 500 please. they are good. you are terrible.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Sorry, but I'm really annoyed with the indie sound.

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for independent musicians, but they all sound the same: simple, repetitive chord progression, enough delay to make The Edge cry, high-pitched male vocals, "ironic" (or nonsensical, based on how sane you are) lyrics, etc.

Every time is see some underground band, they fit this exact formula.

I find their lack of originality... disturbing.
anyone labeling themselves as indie as in a sound is ****ing terrible. end of story.
Quote by indierockker102
thanks a lot guys

you're welcome
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.

But yeah, that was shit. I'd like my 15 seconds back now.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by indierockker102
sorry wasted your time guys

was too deep for me
Quote by indierockker102
sorry wasted your time guys

You should be sorry.
I heard the first track. There is good energy but nothing else I can positively say about it. There's no distinctive "voice" to the band's sound. It's very bland and outdated. Also your rhythms are not tight enough and not in sync with the drum sometimes so it's a very amateur performance. And I don't think I need to say anything about the mixing/recording quality...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by indierockker102
and i know you guys will agree

if you enjoy it you should continue.

if you had this idea when coming here you were obviously

1: not certain this was even remotely good
2: extremely easily pushed over by other opinions.

that's not a reason to stop.
Quote by Conor Comfort
i dig it guys

You're a drummer (with taste poorer than your skills). You don't get an opinion.
mate honestly, this might sound cliche and everything, but don't write music to impress us. Write music to impress yourself.
Quote by indierockker102
thanks johnny i will make something you will like one day haha

make something you enjoy yourself and if others dig it, that's just a bonus.

but if you're this easily pushed over by something you like you're not going to come very far with it really.

people are going to dislike your music no matter where you present it.

if you let anyone say "this sucks" and just go "okay i'll quit" you might as well give up now really.

edit

if you write stuff to impress others its going to suck major ****ing ass. seriously. it will shine through in a jiffy.

if you liked what you linked us good for you. some of us found it boring. why should you care? if you enjoy it continue. if you agree with our opinion yet still present it you've obviously not very secure with your own music.
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Mar 17, 2014,
the actual music seemed ok, but the recording quality made it hard to listen to at all. I know indie isn't about high quality, but , at least personally, this is terrible
stop doin lofi though okay? it's 2014 now, we've moved on.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
stop doin lofi though okay? it's 2014 now, we've moved on.

I get the impression that this isn't lo-fi on purpose. These sound like Bass Drum Of Death covers recorded through one of those handheld recorders the Ghost Adventures crew might use. On the real, though, I don't get all the indie hate. Then again I'm pretty biased based on my own music

In all honestly, I think these guys might just be alright in a couple years if they get there hands on some proper recording equipment and really put in some work. I hear potential. And as for tips on taking criticism: screw what anyone else thinks, just do what you love and be happy you're doing it.
Yeah, Indie music doesn't go down well in a community so blinded on teh Br00tz.
I couldn't be ****ed listening to it, so I'm no better than them, but the people saying "Indie music is cos it's repetitive" hehe naaaaah. broaden your horizons, assholes.
Well this has more responses than anything in band promotion would, but that's teh forum this belongs in.

I have 5 albums on bandcamp, 1 also being found on iTunes and the like.

My advice is buy decent mic at the very least, the quality is intolerable for any genre.
I can't make a proper critique until it's at least at a listenable quality.
Last edited by stratkat at Mar 18, 2014,
Serious review here.

Some of the songs sounded like they possibly could have had potential but the recording quality sounds like you did it in a bathroom with and old cassette recorder.

You can't make out the vocals at all and the drums and guitar are just distorted to the point of noise.

Also, leave off the stupid introduction of each song.
Quote by Baby Joel
Sorry, but I'm really annoyed with the indie sound.

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for independent musicians, but they all sound the same: simple, repetitive chord progression, enough delay to make The Edge cry, high-pitched male vocals, "ironic" (or nonsensical, based on how sane you are) lyrics, etc.

Every time is see some underground band, they fit this exact formula.

I find their lack of originality... disturbing.

Comparing this to the standard hipster bs of today it was very good.

Comparing this to actual music, it wasnt music.

If you guys had as much talent as distortion, you would be Beethoven.
Quote by indierockker102
something that will impress all of you

This sounds so sinister lmao he's going to kill you all
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Page 1 of 2