Page 1 of 2
Don't lie. You have at least one. Spill it.

I always tap out the drums' rhythm the thumb and pinky of my right hand when my hands are free sometimes.
I say no to social events so I can stay home and make music. Sometimes I say that when I just don't want to hang out with particularly annoying friends. In fact, I say that all the time.
Finger drum, tap feet.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
hard sciences don't have correct and incorrect answers actually
@TS: You mean when there's music playing or not?
I tap rhythms with my fingers, hands or random objects, but when there's no music playing.
Quote by 'Leviathan'
I say no to social events so I can stay home and make music. Sometimes I say that when I just don't want to hang out with particularly annoying friends. In fact, I say that all the time.

This, except without the magenta. And I don't write music, si I really just say no to social events.
I always hum tunes when I walk somewhere alone. Nobody is bothered by it but many pick it up and mock it.
Quote by The_Casinator
I always hum tunes when I walk somewhere alone. Nobody is bothered by it but many pick it up and mock it.

Ah yes, I do this too! But I usually do it quietly enough that no one can hear. It's usually improvised too; not existing songs. And I do the same out loud when I'm alone in the car. I sometimes come up with new stuff this way and I record it or try to memorise it. Sometimes I make drum noises with my mouth too and it's a bit embarrassing when someone notices.
I have a habit of playing a real instrument
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
i suck at comping
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I always had ans habit to tap my feed looking almost shaking, but since I started playing guitar it increased exponantially. Also playing loud in an apartment sure annoys my neighbours.
Quote by triface
Don't lie. You have at least one. Spill it.

I always tap out the drums' rhythm the thumb and pinky of my right hand when my hands are free sometimes.

Typical musician....
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
When someone wants to show me something and I start playing over what they are playing. It also annoys me when that happens to me.
I used to be far worse a few years ago and it did drive everyone mental but I used to double kick with my feet really loudly to the rhythm of any song, I'm not even a drummer, I can't play drums at all.

Another one which I still do is just go off on a shred tangent when I'm playing or writing with music with my mate, he hates it and flips out because we don't write or play metal or shred, it's just a habit.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
My biggest pet peeve is when musicians post on guitar forums. Like seriously guys, don't you have anything better to do?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
My biggest pet peeve is when musicians post on guitar forums. Like seriously guys, don't you have anything better to do?

There's even a subforum where they talk! Outrageous!
i go on ug and post about edm everytime someone asks a question regarding more standard fare instruments.
Last edited by soundgarden1986 at Mar 18, 2014,
I'm a chronic finger drummer and feet tapper. An old girlfriend I had absolutely hated it. I'll also just walk around tapping rhythms and fills on my stomach.

I also just pick up my acoustic in my house and start playing it in our living room. One room mate leaves whenever I do but the other with get stoned and sing along with me, so it's coo
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
I always tap my fingers together in random rhythms

Also when playing guitar, during pauses I tend to wave my hand a bit as if I am still playing, helps keep the rhythm

I doubt these bother anyone though.
I have nothing important to say
i do almost everything mentioned above. tap out rythms, air guitar. one that used to kill people was when i would twirl my pick if i was bored (i always have my pick with me).
I pratice doing blast beats on my desk, it helps with my restless leg syndrome, play air scales from when I use to play the euphonium. stuff like that?
Whats goes around must come down
Quote by jacobclark3981
i do almost everything mentioned above. tap out rythms, air guitar. one that used to kill people was when i would twirl my pick if i was bored (i always have my pick with me).

most obnoxious kind of person ever. the guitarist that by "accident" manages to bring up his picks from his coins in the wallet / the drummer who always brings his drumsticks.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I do find myself tapping out the beat to songs. In the car I'll air drum to the point that it embarrasses my wife.

I think the most annoying thing is that I'll hear a song and if anyone is around I'll do something like Sheldon Cooper would do on Big Bang Theory and just ramble on about fun facts that most people don't know relating to the music/song. Unless you are a music lover and/or musician this would grate your nerves.
no, i just keep them around because i have a lot of friends that play. i never know when i end up playing or when i need my pick.@johnny
Last edited by jacobclark3981 at Mar 18, 2014,
I sing songs I don't know. Most melodies and lyrics are predictable.

It annoys the shit out of some of my friends when they try to show me a new band and I start singing along to it without knowing the song.
Quote by jacobclark3981
no, i just keep them around because i have a lot of friends that play. i never know when i end up playing or when i need my pick.@johnny

If you want to keep a pick on you so you can play if you have to, keep it in your wallet and leave it there until someone gives you a guitar. Fiddling with a pick when your sitting watching tv with your buds is ridiculous
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
I'm a cynical asshole and if someone tells me they like what I consider a shitty band I tell them why that's stupid.
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
Quote by soundgarden1986
i go on ug and post about edm everytime someone asks a question regarding more standard fare instruments.

sort your life out
sometimes if i'm getting into a song i'll air guitar/drum, bob my head and torso, thrash around, etc etc
The whole self righteous ' ooh im a musician' shit.

The other person asks'what do you play', when they really want to say

'God youre lame. Please never ask me to participate in your so called music'
It's more liek a music fan habit, but whenever there's a party where there's a PC running Spotify, I feel a sudden urge to sneakily put some better music on than the bullcrap people like to shake their ass to. And yeah I realize it is a dick move to do and not good for the atmosphere usually.
When I come to jam I don't wanna sit around stoned watching American Dad for 3 hours then only get to jam for 15 minutes. I pretty much wanna start jamming as soon as I get through the door.

I friggin hate my jam buddies.

I also hate other people telling me I need to play a guitar part at a different position (same notes) when I spent hours watching video and working it out myself to get it right. No dude. You need to stop slacking off and play it right.
Last edited by cheesefries at Mar 18, 2014,
When your going to meet someone for a jam, they tell you that they play real heavy stuff and when you get to jamming they cant even do a blast beat.
Whats goes around must come down
Page 1 of 2