Hello. i own a brand new epiphone DR 100 acoustic guitar. i dont recomend it to annyone. its a verry bad guitar. i owned about 20 guitars in my life and this one is the worst. the fret edges are so sharp that you get cut (see image below). allso the frets are so small that is impossible to setup the guitar without fret buzz with 009 gauge strings. i have nothing against epiphone, i like some sg and les paul models but this one is worse than my 20€ no name guitar.

Last edited by kitarmen at Mar 18, 2014,
Why did you buy it ?

or just buy some more 20€ noname guitars.....
that stinks kitarman. did you buy this guitar online or in a local store?
i too have a deep respect for Epi's electrics but bad luck with the acoustic line.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
Quote by kitarmen
Hello. i own a brand new epiphone DR 100 acoustic guitar. i dont recomend it to annyone. its a verry bad guitar. i owned about 20 guitars in my life and this one is the worst. the fret edges are so sharp that you get cut (see image below). allso the frets are so small that is impossible to setup the guitar without fret buzz with 009 gauge strings. i have nothing against epiphone, i like some sg and les paul models but this one is worse than my 20€ no name guitar.

Really?, I didn't think anyone one in their right mind would put a .009 string set on a full body acoustic. Oh well, live and learn, I suppose. So, it comes as no surprise to me, that it actually didn't work out for you.

Most every acoustic guitar has smaller frets than the jumbo, and semi-jumbos, you're going to encounter on some Les Paul copy.

Return the guitar, then have your mum kiss your boo boo and make it better.

BTW, this is forum dedicated to answering questions. Is here a question in your original post somewhere?
Last edited by Captaincranky at Mar 18, 2014,
if you like the guitar otherwise, why not just file the edges of the frets? we did that on a lower end guitar we wanted to keep.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by patticake
if you like the guitar otherwise, why not just file the edges of the frets? we did that on a lower end guitar we wanted to keep.
Why try to make sense of the senseless?

I'm wondering if that cut will become, "life threatening", on the way to the accident attorney's office.

I gotz to buy me one o' them that epiphonies! I saw the best ack-see-dent lawyer's phone number you could ever have, posted raht uppa side of a city bus.

Is thar a epee-fone cheaper then thet DR-100? 'Cause I betcha its fret ends would inflict almost mortul injureez. Can almost heer meself sayin' them famus wordz, "I'll Sioux".
Last edited by Captaincranky at Mar 19, 2014,
why did i put 009 gauge string on? because i can and because they exist. once again, the diference between a cheap and an expencive guitar shoud not be cutting yourselfe or not. the cheap peace of sh.t guitars have gone realy too far. 20 years ago every guitar was a decent quality.
Quote by kitarmen
why did i put 009 gauge string on? because i can and because they exist. once again, the diference between a cheap and an expencive guitar shoud not be cutting yourselfe or not. the cheap peace of sh.t guitars have gone realy too far. 20 years ago every guitar was a decent quality.
No, that's not quite correct. The quality of Asian guitars has increased dramatically over the past 20 years.

I have 7 Asian guitars comprising 3 Crafter 12 strings, 2 Ibanez acoustics, 1 Fender "Sonoran", and an Ibanez "ART" Les Paul knockoff. Nary a one of them has sent me to the emergency room, or even whimpering on line about, "injuries sustained".

I also owned an Epiphone 12 string. The neck wasn't glued on at the correct angle. But, it never "assaulted me", and it was kind of pretty. When I got the 3 Crafters, I threw it the f*** away. That I had to throw it away is really wierd, since I bought it during the, "golden age", of guitars you're talking about.

Nobody puts .009s on a large body acoustic because they sound like shit.

Either take it back and buy a Yamaha, or file and polish the ends of the frets.

For a hundred bucks, are you expecting a Taylor or a Martin?

Pretty much all acoustics have smaller frets than electrics. So, that's not an issue proprietary issue to Epiphone.

If you want jumbo frets, and super thin strings, stick with your electrics.

If you want to get into acoustic instruments, get it through your head you'll might actually have to build up some arm strength to play one. There's plenty of guys out here than can bend a whole tone on .011s or even .012s.

Now, I'll repeat myself, granted we goof around quite a bit here. But, it's generally not until we've answered the TS' question.

With that said, I still can't find a question in this topic.

So, it's not a forum thread, per se, but rather a "blog".

Then, if all you want to do, is badmouth Epiphone guitars, then you should do one of two things, either get a site to blog from, or write the most scathing review you can, and post it in as many places as you can.

I don't how many people will take you any more seriously than I do. But dammit, at least you'll have given it a shot.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Mar 19, 2014,