Hey guys, I've been looking around for amps for a while and I've come to the conclusion I really like the Fender sound. I know they don't do serious distortion well, but I'm planning on a pedal for that.

Recently, I got to hear a '65 Reissue Fender Twin Reverb and I must say, I fell in love with the tone of the thing. I love the clean tone it has and I can already imagine how well it'd take a nice distortion pedal.

Now, this is my ideal amp, however there are a few factors that are forcing me to reconsider it. The thing is, first of all, the amp is VERY loud and at this point, I don't need something that loud. Maybe farther down the line I would, but for now, I want something I can record, play with a band at small to medium size venues and, one of the main things, be able to play in my bedroom without getting the cops called on me.

And one more note on budget. The Twin will mean I'd have to wait a little longer to save up the extra cash for it (which I wouldn't mind at all), but as of now, my budget is around 600$.

So that's my situation, based on that, does anyone here have any suggestions for an amp that may fit my needs?

Thanks.
Fender Super Sonic 22 fender cleans and nice hi-gain.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
look for a used twin RI. ive seen them go for 700 or so. thats not too far out of your budget.
you are right that they can be very very loud, but thats why God gave us Volume knobs. IMO, twins sound very nice at reasonable levels and take all kinds of pedals beautifully.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I've been playing for over 40 years.. Always been a Fender tube amp guy. A few weeks ago I picked up a Mustang III, and I'll have to say I'm very impressed with it. The '65 Deluxe Reverb and the '65 Twin models are excellent and respond to picking dynamics like the real deals. With the gain set at the edge of breakup it is squeaky clean with a light touch but really grinds when you dig into it. It is very loud, but sounds good at bedroom levels. AND it won't break your back like a Twin. I spent years lugging a Twin around, and really don't care to go back to that.
have you considered going vintage ? There are a lot of silver faces for a decent price. Music mans are nice, they are very nice and for like $350 hard to beat
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
have you considered going vintage ? There are a lot of silver faces for a decent price. Music mans are nice, they are very nice and for like $350 hard to beat

I wouldn't mind that. How is the tone compared to the Fender clean I'm looking for? I've heard good things about the Music Man but, to me, they seem hard to find.
Quote by Robbgnarly
Fender Super Sonic 22 fender cleans and nice hi-gain.

Agreed. This was the first amp that came to mind after reading the OP.
Quote by stormin1155
I've been playing for over 40 years.. Always been a Fender tube amp guy. A few weeks ago I picked up a Mustang III, and I'll have to say I'm very impressed with it. The '65 Deluxe Reverb and the '65 Twin models are excellent and respond to picking dynamics like the real deals. With the gain set at the edge of breakup it is squeaky clean with a light touch but really grinds when you dig into it. It is very loud, but sounds good at bedroom levels. AND it won't break your back like a Twin. I spent years lugging a Twin around, and really don't care to go back to that.

I'm sorry but one thing I really want my next amp to be is all tube. I understand that they may emulate the sound down to exactness, but the warmth and vibrations that tubes bring into the picture is something I want and something that no solid state can do.
Blues Jr, Hot Rod Deluxe, Deluxe Reissue all do a nice Fender clean with excellent spring reverb. A good used HRD can be found for $400 often. All are gig quality.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Hot Rod Deluxe. It's fenders biggest selling longest production run amp ever. All those people can't be wrong. The basic clean sound is pure fender and a decent version of the twin, the gain and more gain work but are subject to judicious use (very heavy they are not).
The current model (III iirc) has all the little irritations sorted and represents excellent value for money, find a decent used one and the bargain will be all the better.
You pay a lot more for arguably little more in functionality and probably not better tone if you just want a good platform.