Heya guys !

Bit of a noob on this forum so bare with me

I'm currently in the process of upgrading to a quality guitar. I've been playing the electric guitar for about a year and I play around 1-2 h a day. The guitar i play on atm is a Cort stratocaster model which I more or less got from a friend around 7-8 years ago, I think he said he bought it at the store for maybe a 100 bucks just a couple of years before it became mine.

I live in Sweden, my music preferences are blues/rock and my budget is roughly 10k swedish krones which i'd say is about 1500 american dollars. So the thing is I know that I like the stratocaster and i even played an american standard one at the shop the other day along with its mexican bit cheaper brother. But i have absolutely no idea what to do. Should i buy new or used ? how much money are these guitars worth ?

Sorry for my somewhat bad english and for my underinformed self regarding the guitar im about to buy.. Got no mates playin the guitar so I'd thought I ask you guys
if you can find a used strat that you like, go for it. and i dont know how much the mexican strats cost in sweden, but if they are in your budget, they are very nice guitars. i am a professional player, and still use the mexican strat that i purchased to learn on.

but truthfully, try out every guitar you can find thats in your budget, strat or not. buy the one that you enjoy playing the most.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by faji

Bit of a noob on this forum so bare with me

Bare = nekkid.
You swedes are so kinky.
Try some other guitars and see if anything feels right.

If you decide the strat is what you want, go for it! The mexican strats are nice guitars. I have one that I have played on for nearly 10 years and I love it!

Finding a guitar is all about personal preference - don't let someone talk you into a guitar that you don't enjoy playing.
If I were you, I'd go to a local music store and try out numerous guitars. It's hard to recommend a guitar to a player who doesn't know exactly what they like or are looking for in a guitar.

A common suggestion would be Mexican-made Fenders since they're pretty nice guitars at a decent price. You should definitely check out other brands as well.

Quote by guitar_guyz
Finding a guitar is all about personal preference - don't let someone talk you into a guitar that you don't enjoy playing.

I agree. It's best for the person to narrow down their options instead of blindly following advice.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Thank you very much for your respons ! I decided I'm gonna go down to the local musicshop in the upcoming days and see if I can try some other guitars aswell. Also got in touch with a guy down at a musiccenter downtown and he told me to come by, hoping he's gonna give me a few good tips! So i should be the proud owner of a brand new guitar within the next couple of days, I'll take picture of it and show it to u guys as soon as I buy it !
Hey again !

I'm back from the store and from the visit at the musiccenter who I was telling you guys about. I was 1 inch from buying a Fender classic player 50's for 900 dollars. Then I kinda got a odd feeling that this guitar might be bit overprised. So I walked down to the guy I talked to at the musiccenter and he just laughed when I said I was close to buying that guitar, which in his eyes was a rip off. So he told he that hes gonna hook me up with a used American standard for the same price i was gonna pay for the mexi strat. Duno what to think atm tbh.. Aint easy bein green.....
classic player strats go for 800 new in america, so it probably wasnt too bad of a deal. if you really liked the guitar, get it. they are very nice guitars. you can wait to try out the used american strat as well. Which ever you prefer the feel of, get. honestly, you cant go wrong either way.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
What amp do you have? Without a decent amp your new guitar will sound like shit.

If you can get a used MIA for the price and it's decent, definitely American and not in poor condition then maybe you should consider it.

The Classic Players are decent.

But what amp do you have or what's your amp budget?
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Cool guys, didnt know the price was almost the same in US. I'm def going to wait some for a oppertunity to buy a used MIA I think.

My amp is a Line 6 - spider 3 ,15 watt. I also borrowed a Behringer v-amp 3 I thinks its called from a mate. My budget on a amp would be around 400 dollar.