Hey,

I'm tasked with creating a digital tool for a metal band and thought I'd get your opinions on some things!

a. would you say as a metal fan you are likely to pay for higher cost items because they contain extra content, are limited edition, etc?

b. what do you think of metal covers of pop songs? I had an idea to create an app where the band posts a cover of a pop song and over the next few weeks people can post their own covers of the same song. Users of the app then vote for the best cover or something along those lines!

thoughts??

cheers!

Henry
a. no, unless extra content is actually substantial and not just shitty icing.

b. pop song covers are stupid
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
anything specifically designed for metal is inherently lame

Quote by MinterMan22
anything specifically designed for metal is inherently lame

niggas looking like "preach"
A. No, not really. I'll pay higher cost for an item if I feel that I will benefit from the extras included on the item. Other than that, nope.

B. That varies. If the song is good and they pull it off well, it's great. COB do some awesome covers of pop songs. But then you've also got those 8 string djent guys on YouTube who just ride the low F# over a Katy Perry tune, and it's really boring and not worth listening to.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Quote by henrycrew
b. what do you think of metal covers of pop songs?

They are the worst thing ever and 99% of the time that are about as much "metal" as a distorted guitar cover of the melody of Siegfried's leitmotif is "classical" (hint: not at all).
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
A. mabe depends on the goodies that will come with this purchase.

B. Nothing pop should be covered by a metal band, unless its like 80's pop but still no.
Whats goes around must come down
Quote by Cianyx

Quote by Cianyx

pretty much this, though there are some rare good pop covers (this comes to mind)

you called?
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by ichiefG13
A. mabe depends on the goodies that will come with this purchase.

B. Nothing pop should be covered by a metal band, unless its like 80's pop but still no.

this
banned
Quote by Bladez22
you called?

who do you think you are steve vai
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
who do you think you are steve vai

i wish

not really
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!