I;ve just ordered one of these here

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/jackson-js32tq-dinky-dka-quilt-maple-top-electric-guitar

Any of you cool dudes know anything about this guitar or jacksons like it in the same price range? I took a gamble on this as i dont wanna deal with the tremolo on my ibi. So i got a hardtail superstrat and i like the look of jacksons....so i hope i made a good move!
Epi LP Std- black
Xv-840
Xv-700
Xv-610
JT-Strat
Ibanez RGR
Vintage-Vs6
Jackson-Js32tq

Vox-vt20
digitech rp55
Bit late to be asking now isn't it?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Im just asking your guy's opinions on it. As i said above i took a gamble and just bought it. I'm sure i can return it if i dont like it..
Epi LP Std- black
Xv-840
Xv-700
Xv-610
JT-Strat
Ibanez RGR
Vintage-Vs6
Jackson-Js32tq

Vox-vt20
digitech rp55
Quote by PoopShovel
Im just asking your guy's opinions on it. As i said above i took a gamble and just bought it. I'm sure i can return it if i dont like it..

See... that doesn't actually change what I said; if you already bought it then it's already too late to account for someone else's opinion.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
See... that doesn't actually change what I said; if you already bought it then it's already too late to account for someone else's opinion.

Why all the hate? He asked a perfectly good question, on a guitar forum, and you took time out of your day, twice, to be a dick. I just don't get it.....
It is a beginners guitar so hardware and wood is bound to be cheap but how well it plays it depends. It can vary from guitar to guitar even in same model. It could be a good workhorse guitar and after few part changes become a good sounding too. Or it could be a crap made on monday or late friday because the factory workers could no longer give a damn about the cheap lines. You will see after you get it what its going to be.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Mar 19, 2014,
Quote by Starcounter1
Why all the hate? He asked a perfectly good question, on a guitar forum, and you took time out of your day, twice, to be a dick. I just don't get it.....

Oh for the love of...

It's not hate to point out that a question is pointless: the guitar is already ordered, probably already on its way, what is someone else's opinion going to do now? Is it going to turn up and TS is going to send it back instantly because someone on a forum said it wasn't particularly good?

It's not a perfectly good question because the answers are irrelevant at this point. Advice on a guitar only has any worth before money has been laid down.

I'm not being a dick. I didn't call TS stupid, just pointed out that this question is ultimately meaningless. I then said why. This isn't hate, it isn't me being a jerk, it simply is.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
He wanted an opinion on a guitar. Why does it matter if he's owned the guitar for 30 years or it's on the way?

I'm glad you also feel it necessary to come on here and decide when questions are "meaningless". It makes this forum a wonderfully welcoming place doesn't it?
Last edited by Starcounter1 at Mar 19, 2014,
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Oh for the love of...

It's not hate to point out that a question is pointless: the guitar is already ordered, probably already on its way, what is someone else's opinion going to do now? Is it going to turn up and TS is going to send it back instantly because someone on a forum said it wasn't particularly good?

It's not a perfectly good question because the answers are irrelevant at this point. Advice on a guitar only has any worth before money has been laid down.

I'm not being a dick. I didn't call TS stupid, just pointed out that this question is ultimately meaningless. I then said why. This isn't hate, it isn't me being a jerk, it simply is.

No, you're being a dick. He asked for an opinion of the guitar, not whether it's a pointless question or not, and if you think it is, then don't reply.

Maazeus hit it on the head. You may get lucky with the guitar and it could be a really well playing instrument, or it may not be. Cheaper guitars like that tend to be more inconsistent. You'll probably went to throw a little money at it later on if it plays well (maybe new pickups, nut, tuners etc...) You might not even be able to tell or not for a few years if you're just starting out. I personally like the look of the those guitars too, so hopefully the build quality is there and you have something worth the cash.
Thanks Mac and Star, Zaph i appreciate your opinion, but you don't need to be so harsh. I merely stated that i wanted the owners of this guitar or someone who has played it to give me their feelings. Not to be bash like a dingbat because i already bought the damn thing -_- I took a gamble, that's the 3rd time i said that now. You cant tell me you or other Ug enthusiasts havent made or took a gamble on a guitar you really know nothing about?! that's how reviews and opinions of the instrument in question start, right?

Anyway I will make a NGD thread and review it once i have it so anyone like minded will know what they're in for.
Epi LP Std- black
Xv-840
Xv-700
Xv-610
JT-Strat
Ibanez RGR
Vintage-Vs6
Jackson-Js32tq

Vox-vt20
digitech rp55
I failed to post properly by never addressing your question. I know nothing about this particular guitar, but look forward to your NGD post. Nothing beats NGD!

I have a Jackson SLXQ made in India. It actually plays like butter, and looks like a dream. It doesn't have prs quality hardware, but it was a fraction of the price. I'm not huge on the pickups in mine, but that's nothing a little distortion won't fix!

Keep us updated.
Will do man I'm looking forward to the update. It should be here tomorrow afternoon! And nice, so mine shouldnt be much different xD
Epi LP Std- black
Xv-840
Xv-700
Xv-610
JT-Strat
Ibanez RGR
Vintage-Vs6
Jackson-Js32tq

Vox-vt20
digitech rp55
If its anything like the other Jackson JS's ive tried it will be awesome. Currently planning to buy a Jackson JS32T Rhoads that I was jamming on at a shop last week to go along with my old JS1
I recently bought a js32t king v and i like it alot. It's very light and feels great while playing. It's my first v. Jackson guitars have the compound radius neck on all of their guitars including the js models. I have a Jackson Dinky dk2 which is a mid level guitar and it has basically the same neck. Jackson's have the best feeling necks IMO. The js32 models that I've seen all have jackson pickups in them. So that might be an issue, but pickups are easily changed. I like the js stuff. Just play it and if u like it, don't worry bout other opinions. Hope you enjoy ur new axe.
Looks great. Probably overcompensating for something.

These things just came out. Like this year I think. Seriously doubtful that anyone around here has any experience with one.

@Zaphod_Beeblebr +1
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Well the guitar came today, i've only had a chance to play it for alittle. I really like it, the bridge pickup seems alittle weak or thin sounding, but other than that first impressions are great! It looks more sunbursty than the one in the link, its still a beautiful guitar nonetheless. Ill do the NGD thread tomorrow night as im pretty sick atm.
Epi LP Std- black
Xv-840
Xv-700
Xv-610
JT-Strat
Ibanez RGR
Vintage-Vs6
Jackson-Js32tq

Vox-vt20
digitech rp55
Thanks bud! I appreciate the thoughts

Well i was playing it some more and i take back what i said about the pickups. Theyre very strong and they sustain forever. The bridge is crisp and clear while the neck is fat and full. Best stock pickups ive ever had me thinks.
Epi LP Std- black
Xv-840
Xv-700
Xv-610
JT-Strat
Ibanez RGR
Vintage-Vs6
Jackson-Js32tq

Vox-vt20
digitech rp55
Nice.

I haven't tried any, but from what I've heard Jackson have upped their game on the new JS models. Improved build quality, more binding/sharkies, better pickups. I get the impression that they're quite similar to the X series in that they're decent players and really good for the price, that could be improved with a few hardware swaps.

I think the most impressive thing is that they look the part now. The old JS models looked cheap, while the new ones look like proper Jacksons. It's a shame that I don't live near any decent guitar stores because I'd be tempted to try a few and maybe grab one if I found a nice player. A bit of a project to upgrade and fiddle with.
Bought mine on muscians friend man, try it out
Epi LP Std- black
Xv-840
Xv-700
Xv-610
JT-Strat
Ibanez RGR
Vintage-Vs6
Jackson-Js32tq

Vox-vt20
digitech rp55
Quote by PoopShovel
Bought mine on muscians friend man, try it out

I think it would be an impulse buy if anything, if I played one and was impressed by it.

To be honest, I'd be a little reluctant to buy something at this price point without trying it first. I'm thinking of getting myself another Pro series (I've got two Japanese DK2Ms at the moment), and I'd be happier to buy one of those unseen because the quality ought to be more consistent. My problem is that I like so many of the current Pro lineup I can't decide which one I'd rather go for.
I'm sure you'll find something you like man, best of luck with whatever you decide to do
Epi LP Std- black
Xv-840
Xv-700
Xv-610
JT-Strat
Ibanez RGR
Vintage-Vs6
Jackson-Js32tq

Vox-vt20
digitech rp55